• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Island Swell Thread **

Goughy

The Island Swell management team would like to congratulate Dave Richards for his selection to the CW National football team.

Dave has been in fine form for the Swell this season and thoroughly deserves this recognition.

Dave recieved a congratulatory fruit basket courtsey of Swell sponsor, Clowich Fruit and Veg.

Goughy

Swell vice captain, Håkon Mørk, will be in charge of the Round 8 game against the Stallions.

The following players are unavailable

Suspended
Neil_Pickup
Nico-Borcic

International Call-ups
Dave_Richards
Kev_Gough

Good luck guys.

Dizzy #4

Congrats guys on the promo, but what the hell am I going to do with no defenders? I already had 40+ shots at me last game! And now the arsenal is reduced!

Oh well....I've gone up to 39 now... hopefully I'll get enough saves and won't conceed much to get it up to 40...

Goughy

Top performance allround.

Fuller was brilliant, Jaso gave a timely reminder to the national selectors of what he is capable of, and Hutchinson and Luff showed we are not relieant on myself for goals.

Good organisation job by Hakon.

We showed we are not a 1 or 2 man team and have a lot of depth.

Collins Mbasa is increasingly becoming one of my favourite players in the league. He doesnt look much but has been top quality everytime he has played.

Hopefully we can build on this and push ourselves onwards and up the table.

Dark Hunter

Good victory boys, glad to be back in the goals as well.

Big cheers to the defense, who dominated the team of the week

Dizzy #4

Hit 40 with style, I must have the best keeping in the league, Defense or no defense, I'll make sure we're still in it, as long as you boys keep scoring!

Goughy

Brilliant performance, guys.

Hard work but we did it. Jaso was the top man and has been brilliant 2 weeks in a row.

Next week will be interesting though with all our injuries and suspensions.

Goughy

Playing the unbeaten top of the league whilst missing 3 key players means that this game will be our biggest challenge yet.

It will be a really tough ask without top rated defender (Pickup) and both top rated midfielders (Richards and Celestino).

I hope we didnt use all our luck up in the last game :)

Keys to Victory
  • Jasotharan continuing his remarkable run of fine form
  • Borcic not getting sent off
  • Gough having a his best game of the year and scoring a few
  • Solid team performance from the rest of the guys

Last edited: