• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Season 3 Playoffs Discussion and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Wright

As the season is over for the B's, here is my inofficial compilation of statistics. I would like to point out the Strike Rate column for the OD games, to show that I still warrant a place in the side (despite failing utterly in 9 of 10 games this season).
Looking at those stats I should be in line for a promotion, hey?

Yousuf_Youhana

yeah. me, u gotchya and gibbsnsmith have had a great season...
me and u are the leading wicket takers

and gotchya and gibbs are the leadin run scorers, with me at 3rd for 5d

gibbsnsmith

IMO, I was crap. No further comment.

Mr.Wright = Best Bowler
Imran Khan jr.= Best Allrounder
Gotchya= Best Batsman.

David

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You were out with the flu David. I didn't get a chance to post it before the game, but I ran an injury sim and you are out for 1 game with the flu. That means that you'll be fit v the CW XI in the Clash of the Titans.
Excellent :)

Sounds just like me, always getting sick/injured @ important times.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Mxy and me will be discussing promotions etc..

but word is that we might keep you guys were you are for another season to see about consistency etc

bugssy

if u promote the b side players then u would have to drop the a side players and with 13 straight one day sides i find that hard to see happening.

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
if u promote the b side players then u would have to drop the a side players and with 13 straight one day sides i find that hard to see happening.
No Tamara has opted that she be drop out of the team as soon as we find a replacement, so at least one person will have to be promoted to fill that void.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW A to play OD final

This is what we've been playing for all season. Our 5-0 record means nothing now. We go into this game with a record 13 consecutive OD victories and a whole lot of confidence...

Mr. Ponting
Bugssy
Marc71178
Tamara
Age Master
Lord of Darkness
Eyes Only +
R_Powell_fan
Master Blaster
Umpire Money
Chris Hinton

Coach's Comments:
One big change to the semi-final squad. Eyes drops down to 7 and Mr. Ponting will hopefully provide the firepower at the top of the innings. David is fit to play, but Chris Hinton did superbly in the semi-final and can't rightly be dropped. We can do this!

Veterans XI
Robin Smith
Desmond Haynes
Mark Waugh
Aravinda DeSilva
Viv Richards
Jonty Rhodes
Alec Stewart +
Imran Khan *
Ian Botham
Wasim Akram
Curtly Ambrose

bugssy

dont let me down mr ponting, or leave me stranded.

i like to keep the same opening partner so make it a good one.

lets go cwa

all the way

:P:P:P

Mr Mxyzptlk

***THE OD FINAL***

Viv Richards batted superbly, but Bugssy outshone him with a fabulous Man of the Match performance. A thrilling match all through with a nailbiting finish that took us to the final over...

Attachments

bugssy

can u believe we got done by 2 runs

wow what a final

oh well 13 straight is not abd i guess.

glad i performed well in the final.

so where do we go from here.

i want to go on tour

Mr. P

Sorry guys about that performance.:( I spose 10 runs isnt that bad.

I was happy with my bowling though.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.