• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Willis - "Bopara is the next cab off the rank"

**** me. How many goes does this clown need at international level before he proves he's not up to it?

centurymaker

Ideal line-up-

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Raina/Yuvraj
Dhoni
Praveen
Zaheer
Sreesanth
Ishant

still the lower order's pretty weak!! need someone else at no 6
and 7 :ph34r: (is he not getting banned for slow over-rate?)

BlazeDragon

Banned
One argument might be Tremlett in for Trott, but that would leave us batting people out of position and that of course doesn't work. Oh wait...
It's unfortunate for Tremlett but Bresnan can't be dropped after that performance.
Even though Bresnan did well, Tremlett is still the better and more effective bowler and keeping him out again would be a mistake. At one point during India's first innings it really looked like they were missing him.

I really like this Tremlett in for Trott idea. England's batting line up still seems pretty strong without him. Plus he seems a little out of touch anyways because of the injury.

What a victory and we can claime to be the best team in the world, We have plenty left in the tank, while India look underprepared

Themer

Even though Bresnan did well, Tremlett is still the better and more effective bowler and keeping him out again would be a mistake. At one point during India's first innings it really looked like they were missing him.

I really like this Tremlett in for Trott idea. England's batting line up still seems pretty strong without him. Plus he seems a little out of touch anyways because of the injury.
I'd prefer to let Tremmers have another match to rest, there's no reason rushing him back Khan style.

On the Tremmers for Trott idea, I've seen a few suggesting it but it really wouldn't have any logic behind it. England have demolished India when bowling with four (hell even three Swann's featured so little) so five seems like an unneeded luxury. We have collapsed once this series even though batting hasn't been a problem either so I'd go with Taylor, he's miles favourite for a call up as well on the back of his Lions performances and the fact they've given him captaincy. That is if Trott is injured.

I'd go:

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Morgan
Taylor
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

Still have massive reservations on Morgan though I shan't lie although he did good in the last match the bowling was absolutely dreadful during his innings. And I'd probably like Taylor coming in ahead of Morgan just so Morgs can hit out with the tail and Taylor can steady a ship if we collapse.

jan

Looking forward to the Edgbaston test very much :)

Only need to find some decent online stream. So far its been ****ty resolution only (absolutely unwatchable in fullscreen on my obsolete 19-inch lcd) and it kinda spoiled a bit the two otherwise great matches for me :(

Top_Cat

Great problem for England to have in deciding between Bresnan and Tremlett but don't think being the incumbent will help Tremlett. Bresnan's form a bit too hot.

Can't see Dravid keeping up his good form either. Two tons on the bounce would have taken a hell of a lot of out of him, neither were in particularly easy conditions. Good on him if he manages a couple of 50's from here, though. 'bout time the rest of the Indian batting line-up stood up a bit though, eh? In their defence they've faced some damn good bowling but, well, I guess that's why it's called Test cricket.

Thoroughly backing England at Edgbaston. 3-0.

Last edited:

Burgey

If England want to win in three days instead of four, they should drop Swann and play four quicks. Will be hilarious watching Mukund, Gambhir, Raina, Dhoni trying to deal with that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Edgbaston normally takes a bit of turn later on, so I can't see Swann missing out if his left paw isn't actually busted.

Both him & Ajmal (boo, hiss, etc) took Michelles there last summer.

centurymaker

If England want to win in three days instead of four, they should drop Swann and play four quicks. Will be hilarious watching Mukund, Gambhir, Raina, Dhoni trying to deal with that.
this guy will do alright.
However, I find it strange how he's skipped two tests that were on proper green tops in his last two away series (including this one)

Durban
Trent Bridge

hmm

Burgey

this guy will do alright.
However, I find it strange how he's skipped two tests that were on proper green tops in his last two away series (including this one)

Durban
Trent Bridge

hmm
Tbf to him, he was plainly hurt at Lord's.

Can't believe I just defended him. Feel dirty.

Burgey

Edgbaston normally takes a bit of turn later on, so I can't see Swann missing out if his left paw isn't actually busted.

Both him & Ajmal (boo, hiss, etc) took Michelles there last summer.
Mate, this ain't going late...

centurymaker

Tbf to him, he was plainly hurt at Lord's.

Can't believe I just defended him. Feel dirty.
he didn't look in too much discomfort on day 5 at lords (the way he played against the on-song swann was pretty impressive)... and he had 3 more days after that to recover...
maybe chickened out like last time after seeing the pitch.

Burgey

he didn't look in too much discomfort on day 5 at lords (the way he played against the on-song swann was pretty impressive)... and he had 3 more days after that to recover...
maybe chickened out like last time after seeing the pitch.
Actually, it was pointed out in another thread that Gambhir had a lengthy net day one of the test.

Jacknife

Yes it would be nice to win the toss for a change and put us in the driving seat from the start.
All this mention of Bopara makes me feel sick, next cab off the rank my arse, how can you keep going to the front of the cue, when you've been dropped because your crap.
I really hope Taylor shows some form against SL A and makes him the man to pick.
Trott himself has said he reckons he'll be fine for the 3rd Test, so hopefully none of the above will matter.