• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Thread

haroon510

alright i was just waiting for a Thread like this. i saw no one was making so i thought i would make this thread.
can pakistan win the 20/20 world cup?
are they going to be out in the first round or they can make it to at least semi finals?

Perm

Afridi to open I'd say. Let's hope we don't get rubbish like Danish Kaneria, Younis Khan and Mohammad Hafeez keeping better guys out of the team.

haroon510

u know what i found suprising that imran khan who is a legendary figure in pakistan backs Kaneria for shorter versian of the game of the cricket. but why? ....

Manee

I am an Indian fan but as a cricket fan also, I want Afridi to really hit some quick runs in this cup and come into his own with some fifties.

TT Boy

Afridi
Nazir
Yousuf
Malik- Captain
Alam
Razzaq
Akmal- Wicket Keeper
Yasir Arafat
Akhtar
Gul
Asif

Thoughts?

No' full-time' spinner in the side but Afridi and Malik have over 300 ODI wickets and SLA, Fawad Alam was Pakistan's domestic 20/20 leading wicket taker (on top of being one of the ‘star’ batsman). Abdul Razzaq is in the side purely as a batsman.

deeps

S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi
S.Afridi

haroon510

Afridi
Nazir
Yousuf
Malik- Captain
Alam
Razzaq
Akmal- Wicket Keeper
Yasir Arafat
Akhtar
Gul
Asif

Thoughts?

No' full-time' spinner in the side but Afridi and Malik have over 300 ODI wickets and SLA, Fawad Alam was Pakistan's domestic 20/20 leading wicket taker (on top of being one of the ‘star’ batsman). Abdul Razzaq is in the side purely as a batsman.
i would leave yasir arafat behind and add butt in the squad. the team should look like this.

afridi
imran nazir
butt
yousuf
malik
alam
razzaq
akmal
shoaib
asif
gul

alam, razzaq, afridi and malik could be the fourth and fifth bowler with asif, gul and shaoib.

aussie

Afridi
Nazir
Yousuf
Malik- Captain
Alam
Razzaq
Akmal- Wicket Keeper
Yasir Arafat
Akhtar
Gul
Asif

Thoughts?

Looks a powerful enough squad no debates their, sorry Inzi had retired adding him to that middle-order would be great.

allout

My 20/20 team would be

1. Muhammad Hafeez/ Salman Butt
  2. Imran Nazir
  3. Muhammad Yousuf
  4. Shahid Afridi
  5. Naveed Latif / Muhammad Hafeez
  6. Shoaib Malik
  7. Kamran Akmal
  8. Abdul Razzaq
  9. Umar Gul
  10. Rao Iftekhar
  11. Muhammad Asif

haroon510

My 20/20 team would be

1. Muhammad Hafeez/ Salman Butt
  2. Imran Nazir
  3. Muhammad Yousuf
  4. Shahid Afridi
  5. Naveed Latif / Muhammad Hafeez
  6. Shoaib Malik
  7. Kamran Akmal
  8. Abdul Razzaq
  9. Umar Gul
  10. Rao Iftekhar
  11. Muhammad Asif
oh wow u want hafeez to play 20/20 game lool it woudl be a Disaster.

Manee

oh wow u want hafeez to play 20/20 game lool it woudl be a Disaster.
Why would playing Heffex be a disaster, he has one of the best records in twenty20 that I have seen.

24 games and 712 runs at 33.9 and 161 runs per 100 balls.

Xuhaib

He does have a very good Twenty20 record, one of the best going around, even though he has proven to be pretty crap at ODI cricket.
In ODI's he seems confused while in 20/20 he just whacks it from ball one.

Jungle Jumbo

Can't see how everyone here has Razzaq down the order at six - most of the damage in a Twenty20 game almost always comes from the top four - and that there's been no mention of Azhar Mahmood, who is probably their most experienced Twenty20 player.

1 Shoaib Malik (c)
2 Imran Nazir
3 Shahid Afridi
4 Abdur Razzaq
5 Mohammad Yousuf
6 Azhar Mahmood
7 Fawad Alam
8 Kamran Akmal (wk)
9 Umar Gul
10 Shoaib Akhtar
11 Mohammad Asif

Almost too much batting there and Shoaib Malik ended up opening because there didn't see to be anywhere else to fit him. Plenty of seam bowling - Razzaq not to bowl at all - and three spinners if required.

Xuhaib

Can't see how everyone here has Razzaq down the order at six - most of the damage in a Twenty20 game almost always comes from the top four - and that there's been no mention of Azhar Mahmood, who is probably their most experienced Twenty20 player.

1 Shoaib Malik (c)
2 Imran Nazir
3 Shahid Afridi
4 Abdur Razzaq
5 Mohammad Yousuf
6 Azhar Mahmood
7 Fawad Alam
8 Kamran Akmal (wk)
9 Umar Gul
10 Shoaib Akhtar
11 Mohammad Asif

Almost too much batting there and Shoaib Malik ended up opening because there didn't see to be anywhere else to fit him. Plenty of seam bowling - Razzaq not to bowl at all - and three spinners if required.
Good line-up though I have Arafat for Gul.

no1_gangsta_786

Pakistan name their 30 probables for the twenty20 world cup.

Preliminary squad: Shoaib Malik (captain), Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Yasir Hameed, Fawad Alam, Salman Butt, Imran Nazir, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Imran Farhat, Khurram Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah-ul-Haq, Naveed Latif, Faisal Iqbal, Shahid Yousuf, Yasir Arafat, Sohail Tanveer, Zulqarnain Haider, Mohammad Irshad, Najaf Shah, Danish Kaneria, Abdur Rehman.