• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PBEM Update!!!!

Blewy

Ok another Update on the PBEM i now have all the info except 1 team which is on its way, i am hoping to have all the data entered by Wednesday, and then can start working on getting the info to everyone.....
I will be splitting the teams into 2 divisions, ( my ratings) will decide on who goes where, so if you r placed into the 2nd division see it as a challenge to you to reach the top.....:cry::cry:
There will be 8 teams per division so you will play every team in your division twice, ( a total of 14 weeks) although i am thinking of implementing a 10 or 20 over a side KO :D( FA cup style) either mid season of end of season to allow teams in div 2 to play against teams in div 1.......
Stay tuned for more.....

Expected date of round 1...... 18 May

Blewy

The PBEM's Official Website will be up and running shortly thanx to Cricketweb.net and Paid the Umpire....... :D :D :D

Blewy

Rules
1/The competition will use Virtual Cricket 4 for simming.
2/We will be using the career averages for each player in their List 'A' Limited overs Career....
3/There will be one game per week. Sims will be run on Sunday. Team changes are due by Friday ( Australian time ).
4/The competition will be split into 2 divisions each with 8 teams, in which each team will face the others in its division
twice(1 home, 1 away) in 50 over a side matches, At the end of each season the bottom 2 teams from Division 1 will
drop to Division 2 and the top 2 from Division 2 will go up to Division 1.....
5/Coaches should write a newspaper-style report about each home game ( approximately once every second week ).
6/Players will retire due to age and/or lack of playing time ( + a random factor ).
7/During the Off Season All Star teams will be selected from each division and the winning Coaches from each division
will control them teams for a 5 game series.Players for these teams will be selected by a majority vote from all
managers.
8/Two Academy sides will be setup and games between the 2 will be randomly run, the Academy teams will be made
up of both randomly created players and current stars not currently in sides.....
9/During the offseason, Coaches will select 16 players to keep in their squad and all other players will go into a pool
with the Academy players from which a Draft will occur, In the Draft each coach in order of finishing position will
select 4 players(1 at a time) to give thier side a max of 20....
10/Players will also pick up random injuries ranging from 1 week to career ending, These will be randomised....
11/Managers will also be able to select their Ground conditions to suit there squad....
They will be based on a 1-10 scale for the following....
Pace, Movement, Turn....
12/You can make minor adjustments to your ground conditions before each game. You can only increase or decrease
any single level by 1 in any week. For example, if your ground was 5-7-2 then you could make it 4-7-2(but not 4-8-
3). Changes must be received by Tuesday so that groundsmen can adjust the pitch.....
13/During the season will be a FA Cup Style competition in which teams from the 2 divisions will come together and
compete in a 20 over a side Knockout competition, The format will be a 1 off game at a random venue the winner
progressing to the next round and the loser bowing out.....The Cup rounds will be run every 3rd or 4th week, with the
Final being held the week before the last round of the season....

Give me your Opinions.....

Blewy

OK Guys the News you've been waiting on, who's in what Divisions......

OK

Division 1
Mumbai
NSW
Yorkshire
Warwickshire
Queensland
Lancashire
Hampshire
West Australia

Division 2
South Australia
Worcestershire
Tamil Nadu
Somerset
Tasmainia
Kent
Glamorgan
Northern Districts

So it Official... we are almost up and running...
Stay Tuned for more info Soon........

Blewy

Ok FrontierPsychiartrist, i only have the 1 vacancy which is Yorkshire( a late pull out)....
Go to the site and check out the Rules but i need to know if your in ASAP contact me at cricketgame@hotmail.com
i will send u all your team info soon.....

Blewy

i'd luv to mate but alot of effort has gone into getting this ready to begin this week so at the moment u cant but if a vacancy pops up ull be in....