• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre Season Reports....

Blewy

I thought it might be interesting if managers posted a report on their expectations for the season ahead, who will be your stars?, who is the danger teams?, where do u think u'll finish???

This is just something extra i thought might be fun....

bugssy

nsw are striving for the all important cup double. manager bugssy malone has been away in a camp with the 27 squad members and from reports all is well and the players are fit and hungary for the opening super 16's.

*******interview*************
look there are a lot of good teams in this super comp and i think any of the sides can win it. a real threat would be mumbai and qld but dont disregard wa as they have a lot of qaulity. my side the blues, look we are going in very confident but if we are favourites or not that will not bother us, every one prefers to go in as under dogs as the is les pressure.

but should be a great series.

i think watch out for the waugh bros, bevan, mcgrath, lee and macgill, they are keys for the blues, but sachin is the over all key with mumbai having a great batting line up. j maher and m hayden also dangerous.

a gilchrist another.

with regards to the blues side i am leaving it till thursday to select the side with most positions held, there are a couple fighting for a few spots.

thank you, no more questions. thats all for today

Blewy

Thats the spirit, top report Bugz....
The Blues look very srtong to me, but as i've said injuries will play a part so who knows....
Keep em coming Boys....

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Tasmania after having a poor season in the Australian comp, have been tipped as the team to beat in the second division.

The main problem with the team has been their lack of bowling talent. Team manager Paid The Umpire said at a packed media conference:
"Look, the rumours of our signing David Boon and Big Merv are not true. I know our bowling is weak but we only have to bowl 50 overs."

Startling revelations have been made on an South Australian radio program that Paid The Umpire did infact hire contract killers to injure star players from other teams, "I didn't ask them to whack them, only a little dutch rub."

Season goals: Get promoted into Division 1 and get into the CA Cup's second round.

Brownlow medalist: J Cox.

Graham

3rd Umpire
GrahamB gave his thoughts to the press on the Lancashire squad that he took over at late notice.
Graham said that the Lancashire squad would be very competitive and he expected to finish in the top half of the table.
The squad has a useful mix of youth and experience.
Graham was hoping for big things from Dravid, Fairbrother and Swann in the batting department whilst the bowling quartet of Hogg, Martin, Chapple and Schofield would pose problems for any opponent.
Flintoff was developing into a useful allrounder and competition would be intense between Haynes and Heggs for the keepers spot.
Graham's main concern was the lack of depth in the squad, but this was something that would take time to develop. He would be seriously scouting the countryside during the season looking for new players to bring in, but had assured the current squad members that they had nothing to fear if they demonstrated that they could measure up.
GrahamB has been receiving big raps from both supporters and local press about his handling of the squad during preseason, but was quick to play down the accolades, saying that his success could only be measured from the season's results.

trueblueyork

Hello,Im Jason Dasey and you're watching Sportsline.Lets Start with Cricket and the World Club Cricket Championship.ND are a much fancied team in World Club Cricket......to finish last.they really do not have a good enuff squad to attain promotion and many many people think that they cannot go much further than last.Earlier in the day we interviewed ND manager Trueblueyork and this is what he had to say on the upcoming season which is not too far away.
---------x----------------x---------------x

We are in the Second Div.and we are expected to finish last.I do not have a problem with the BIG-UNDERDOG billing because it gives a cushion to work with.Taking no credit away from the team I really have to say that our squad isnt good enough to get promoted this season.So what im looking at for this season is to finish in the top 3 ,if we get promoted ill be ecstatic,and with the draft build a strong foundation to really push for honours next season.

Yeah if i had the choice,id say Vettori, Styris and Tuffey are really the backbone of our team and that is why ive asked the groundsman to prepare a bowler friendly pitch.he said something interesting......"bowler friendly pitch my foot,ill prepare a live dinosaur"...so thats not too good for the batsmen is it.;)

ive already picked the side for the encounter with SA and to keep team details out of hands of the "enemy",i am not able to give u the team details.thats all i have to say no more questions please bye and thanks for ur time!

Sriram k

Total Cricket Moderator
14th May : Mumbai : The newly appointed Mumbai coach,Sriram K gave his thoughts on the upcoming world club cricket season here.Just a couple of days before the season kicks off the manager and the coach both seemed very confident about their teams abilities.Sriram said that he expected the team to give a tough fight for the top spot.The people of Mumbai though are expecting the cup this season with the likes of Tendulkar and Kambli in the squad.
Talking about the team composition he said that He would like the pace department improved.He lamented on the lack of young pace bowlers in Mumbai and said he hoped he would get some from the academy at the end of the season.Generally though the Mumbai team looks strong,atleast on paper.The coach also said that the team was training hard to prevent injuries and the main focus this season would be on fitness and fielding.
When asked about the toughest team to play he replied that if you are in divison 1 then you cant expect the teams to be weak.He did hint though that the Australian sides would be the real threat to his teams success this season.

trueblueyork

Welcome to another edition of Sportsline.Im Jason Dasey and as always,Cricket first.in one of the most dramatic arranging of a friendly ever,Northern Districts invited the Australian National team to a friendly 50 over game.In what was to be one of the biggest upsets ever,ND made only 156 runs when the aussies put them in.Confident that they had the game in hand the Australians trudged out only to be hit by a hurricane.Daryll Tuffey who had performed so well at Sharjah in April bowled his heart out and ripped through the Aussie top order taking 6 wickets in as many overs leaving Australia reeling at 43-6.but the tail wagged and Lee and Warne took the score along nicely but it was too much as they collapsed to 120 all out.Heres the post match interview with trueblueyork.
------------X----------------X-------------X
I am delighted with the boys for this perfomance,beating the world champs is not an easy deal.as a result of this win,i feel and im sure that the lads feel extremely confident flying to the GABBA for the first match of the season.The Groundsman actually went one up on his word because the pitch turnded out to be a t-rex,Fantastic job.As the WCC chairman rightly put it,Watch Out because WE MEAN BUSINESS!
--------------X----------------X-----------X
Yes,ominous signs for the teams in the Second Division as well as the first division because Northern Districts really do mean business.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
THIS IS TRUTH!

In what is the biggest upset in the history of cricket, Tasmania has shown it could dominate in the CA Cup and Divisional Competition this year.

In a scratch match against the Kingsley-Woodvale H-Grade, Tassie was bundled out for 35. With KWCC spearhead R. McCaw taking 9-8 (5.1). Kingsley Woodvale then polished off the required 36 runs in 8.2 overs.

Tassie manager Paid The Umpire, refused to comment on the teams performance but was seen to be crying and pulling out his hair. Rob McCaw on the other hand was willing to talk to the media, "I will be looking for the call up to WA within the next week."

Paid The Umpire's son and owner of the Tasmanian team said "%%%%%, &&&&&&& ******! I have never seen a team fall apart that badly before! We will need some sole searching before Saturday's game. I don't think we are favourites anymore."

TAS 10/35 (10.1)
J. Cox 17
R. Ponting 5*
R. McCaw 9/8 (5.1)

KWCC H-Grade 0/36 (8.2)
G. Ironmonger 31*
P. Duffy 5*

[Edited on 5/14/02 by Paid The Umpire]

bugssy

some of the ebst stories ever. well done guys. i enjoy reading them

how good is this comp going to be!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Bear's are quoted at 6th favourites, but new Manager Albert isn't too disappointed.

He feels the pressure will be off, and his team may cause an upset or 2.

1st up is Queensland, a tough task indeed, but the likes of Pollock, Brown and young gun Troughton will lead the all rounders, and in Knight they have one of the top One Day batsmen in the world.

But in the spirit of fair play, Albert wishes all opposing managers the very best of luck :rolleyes:

Blewy

Guys this is great, the more this goes on the more confident i get that this is going to be great...... :D :D

Rich2001

The Kent lads are quoted at 7th favourites, to clich promotion to the 1st division, which new manager Rich2001 is less than pleased with, and will be hoping that the Kent team make the bookies and other teams thing twice before writting off such a strong team before play has even started.

Last season Kent won their national 1 day leauge and yet don't seem to be getting the respect they feel they have rightly earnt, and will be out to make a point.

Over the off season Kent recived news that Qld have refused to allow A.Symmonds to return to the county as their overseas player, however I am please to say that B.Lara has agreed to step in at such a late stage and Kent will be hoping for many runs for the great man.

Over pre season the lads have been put through their paces in a couple of very tough games which showed some areas in need of improvement before the start of the season and a couple of injury scares that should be ok come the start.

I feel that TAS, SA and Sommerset will be the main competition to Kent in the up comming season in my opinion all have very strong squads and one day teams, a win over any of these will be most satisfying.

PS - Marc pitty Fulton won't be playing in the same div as you this season, oh well maybe the CA Cup. ;)

All that can be left to say is LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!

lowey99

South Australia will be an instant favourite to be promoted to the first divison, says manager and all-round nice guy Scott Lowe yesterday.

The team, in final preparations for their first game against Northern Districts, is confident and willing to dominate the season ahead.

"Northern Districts is a crap side, and all the teams in second divsion are losers. We will win and win easily. So, when are we going to start this interview?" Scott Lowe told us today before inexplicably running off.

The manager came back later to expand on his earlier comments.

"All the teams in the second divison are very tough, and we expect many thrilling games and exciting contests. We will be looking at promotion, though, and we believe we have the team to do that."

With Darren Lehmann in the squad, the bookies favourite to take out the batter of the year contests, it certainly seems that South Australia will take some beating. Lehmann was a little more pessimistic.

"God, we are so ****. Blewey (Greg Blewett) keeps on sleeping with other peoples wives, and Dizzy (Jason Gillespie) has the biggest coke habit in Australia. What are we going to do?

South Australia takes on Northern Districts in their next game, with the Redbacks short-priced favourites to win.

trueblueyork

in a press release Northern District manager pointed out that South Australia were in the second division to.... :rolleyes:

bugssy

**press confrence**

bugssy malone

out of camp for the first weeks game, and all the players are very excited.we had a trial game out in the country against a local team, and did win comfortably it was good to get a look at the young talent thats coming through, and yes the international starts did shine.
looking forward to the 1st round and we are very confident with a sucessfull 1st year campaign. as for the squad selected. u will have to wait till game day.

thankyou