• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Queen - The Adam Lambert years

Lillian Thomson

I knew May and Taylor went back out on the road with some bloke from Free a few years after Freddie died and then picked up a chap from a reality pop idol type show in America. But I never gave it much credence and just assumed they be crap without Freddie. I've just watched a documentary about how the pop idol bloke Adam Lambert joined them and he's actually a really good performer. He doesn't attempt to sound like, look like or mimic Freddie in any way, but he sounds great. One or two of the songs actually sound better. No one could replace Freddie Mercury, but it's an entertaining show in its own right.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
My sis was a huge fan when he was on Idol, made me watch all the time. I didn't always enjoy him but it was tough not to agree he was a good performer. I recall the season finale that year had Queen playing alongside him and I was shocked at how well he fit without, as you say, trying to be Freddie.

_Ed_

Yeah, I had my doubts, but he's done a superb job. Saw them live this year and it was a fantastic show.