• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting the new John Laws

armchairumpire

'Joining Ponting in the million-dollar-a-year club are Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey and Matthew Hayden. Stuart MacGill has started making some cash on the side by signing up to host a wine show called Stuart MacGill Uncorked to be screened on the Lifestyle channel on Foxtel in December.'

Perhaps Stuey can have Andrew Flintoff as a guest!:laugh:

Son Of Coco

Richard,

If you know John Laws, you'd probably have a chuckle at the way a few of those comments were worded.
:laugh: :laugh:

The bloke was obviously a legend...I'm not sure what he got banned for, comments about Richard's need to get out excluded, but some of his posts were very funny.

As you said though, it helps if you're familiar with the real John Laws.

Edit: It was for having duplicate accounts wasn't it!?

Edit #2: And obviously being unrelenting when it came to Richard...nearly every post was about him.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It wasn't neccessarily a duplicate account, but it was part of a five-strong junta of possibly one &%$£wit and possibly five innumerably sad &%$£wits who did nothing but cause trouble and clearly had no interest in doing otherwise. Given your comments above it appears you were absent at the time - there was a large amount of discontent, and the case of the four - Camel56 was banned a little beforehand - was the only case of bannings purely for being idiots, rather than breaking specific forum rules, in CW history.

For Cameron - check-out the posts from the other idiots involved.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

I remember it well, and I thought they were absolutely hilarious. Burgey and Coco are right on the money - if you know the people they were parodying (assuming it was "they"), it's funny stuff.

Got old admittedly, but they had a funny thing going on.

Dasa

Reading back on that stuff, they were quite funny at times. I think it was Slow Love who said they'd be pretty valuable forummers if they could've turned it off sometimes and not gotten a bit nasty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's funny how much of a difference hindsight makes.

FTR Jesse also said this:
Slow Love™;408888 said:
The only thing I would do significantly differently is banning the Camel/Pinkline boys and their associated aliases. They have a fixation with stalking Richard and probably most forums would have ditched them for their obsessive personal attacks and their chasing of an individual from thread to thread. If they're spoofing/anonymizing their IP's, who cares? It's obvious that John Laws, Ray Hadley, Belford etc are the same people. Into the bin.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

It looks like utter tripe to me, but I think Richard might have secretly enjoyed the attention. Why else would he bring it up again now when it's nothing to do with the thread beyond one of the members using the name?:yes:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's one thing I enjoy - the fact that, if you will, "I won the battle". :happy: Those punks were banned and I'm still around nearly 3 years later.

I brought it up because this thread had no replies after the best part of 24 hours and I looked for something relevant to say.

Ikki

I remember it well, and I thought they were absolutely hilarious. Burgey and Coco are right on the money - if you know the people they were parodying (assuming it was "they"), it's funny stuff.

Got old admittedly, but they had a funny thing going on.
LOL, I went and read his every post. Funny stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's quite worrying how many people seem to be taking the CBE posts as a starting-point - you'll never get the full story that way.

CBE was purely the last part of a junta, and I imagine that account only appeared for the same reason that wahindiawah, nehrafan, ajargararajaajaa, etc. all appeared - the "safety in numbers" thing. Read the Camel56 and Pinkline Jones posts first, to get a truer picture.

FaaipDeOiad

As I said, I remember it all. Camel and company were dicks and I have no real problem with them being banned, but they were very funny, and the sendups of radio personalities were very clever.

Lillian Thomson

There's one thing I enjoy - the fact that, if you will, "I won the battle". :happy: Those punks were banned and I'm still around nearly 3 years later.

I brought it up because this thread had no replies after the best part of 24 hours and I looked for something relevant to say.

But surely anyone who's really boring can post forever without being banned (not implying of course that Richard is boring, just making a point.)

I agree with second part though, I was going to reply for the sake of it but had no idea what he was on about.:unsure:

Swervy

It's quite worrying how many people seem to be taking the CBE posts as a starting-point - you'll never get the full story that way.

CBE was purely the last part of a junta, and I imagine that account only appeared for the same reason that wahindiawah, nehrafan, ajargararajaajaa, etc. all appeared - the "safety in numbers" thing. Read the Camel56 and Pinkline Jones posts first, to get a truer picture.

its true though, you really do need to get out more!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't, though, really - I get out as much as I want to, and therefore I get out enough.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I said, I remember it all. Camel and company were dicks and I have no real problem with them being banned, but they were very funny, and the sendups of radio personalities were very clever.
I'm well aware that you remember it, as you were posting regularly at the time. There are plenty who've commented on it who weren't and therefore don't though.