• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 13 Match reports and Announcements

cricketboy29

Queensland Crowned OD Champions

The champagne flowed all around the Gabba last night, with the official crowning of Queensland as the Season OD champions. Assistant manager Smith could be heard congratulating Manager Gaurav Nayak on the triumph, while the boys drank the bar dry.

Several players were contacted for the statements, including Division 1 top scorer, Louis Owen.

Owen: It's been a fantastic season for all of us, here at Queenland. Personally, I've been absolutely delighted with my form, it just sort of clicked at the beggining of the season, and I've been feeling in really good touch. However, it wasn't just all me, the bowlers did superbly as well, restiricting team to sub-200 totals many a time, and making our job much more easier.

Reporter: No regrets then, to have to moved from the cool climes of Yorkshire to here?

:Owen: Not really, no. I have had a much better opportunity to express myself in the top division of the WCC. Had really good team to play with, so I think I made the right choice really. But I back Yorkshire to bhe up here quite soon. Greg's a canny manager.

Next was Kadir Ali

Reporter: Good season then?
Ali: Yep, it's been brillant to have played my part in winning the OD crown. The key thing will be of course, to be able to come back and win it again. And the division will probably be harder next season. But we're ready for the challenge.
Reporter:Any team you really rate after playing against them?
Ali:Colts, and Guyana. Colts are a quality outfit, and guyana seem to be our Bolton. We lost against them in the CW bar, thus sending us out, and we lost one match against them in the league as well. I still think we'll be adding to our trophy cabinet next season. It's a tad empty.

Nayak: I just wanted to add that it's been a joy to play this season, and I'd like to thank the people that have kept the league running:D. It's been a lot of fun:D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yorkshire slide into promotion contention.
Two wins in the final round saw a motivated Yorkshire side finish 3rd in the First Class competition (just 2 points behind second) and 2nd in the One Day arena, pipping fierce rivals Mashonaland on net run rate.

Star batsman and Sri Lankan international Mahela Jayawardene reflected on the First Class season.

"I think we performed very, very well " he said. "Obviously we would've liked to have converted a lot of those draws into wins but the fact we only lost 2 matches in the entire season is great. Losing 2 out of 13 is a good achievement and a good turn around from last year, from what I understand."
"Personally, I enjoyed my season. I started very slowly and my position in the 1st XI was under threat. I knuckled down and scored some important runs for the side and couldn't be happier. I'm looking forward to another season at Yorkshire" he beamed.

Yorkshire captain Michael Dawn then spoke of the one day performances.
"I'm rather stoked, to be honest. To finish so strongly and have a shot at promotion is wonderful" he said. "Like the FC matches we started somewhat slowly but came back strong to finish second - just. We made it to the quarters of the cup final as well so all in all I think we had a fantastic one day season, and I couldn't be more pleased with my own form. Scoring the most runs in this format for the team was great and I'm looking forward to next year."

Yorkshire manager Greg Thomas then spoke of his team.

"It's a definite improvement. To make such a turn around from last season is brilliant. Full credit to the guys. There were a number of stand out players but generally I think everyone chipped in when needed. I think we have a great core team for next season and I know we'll do even better."

The Yorkshire awards night for this season is scheduled for next week.