• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Satellite for sale!

nibbs

Kweek said:
april fools day?
kweek, there is a touch of irony with regards to this satellite being for sale, (which i'm 99% sure its not btw). now you see, in NZ our pay TV service is called Sky. on thursday night its satellite moved out of place during what should have been a simple little adjustment to its position. the end result was that around 550,000 Sky customers throughout NZ and Australia lost service until aronund 9am the following morning. crazy stuff imho

Smudge

They're refunding all SKY Digital subscribers for the time lost, and it's not like there was anything terribly important on. Again, I say, get over it.

Right arm fast

at the current bidding price of $200,006,000 if all 7,267 Cw members chipped in an even amount it would cost us all 27522.50 New Zealand Dollars each :laugh:

crickhowell

Right arm fast said:
at the current bidding price of $200,006,000 if all 7,267 Cw members chipped in an even amount it would cost us all 27522.50 New Zealand Dollars each :laugh:
C'mon everyone, out with the cheque books.

JASON

Voltman said:
They're refunding all SKY Digital subscribers for the time lost, and it's not like there was anything terribly important on. Again, I say, get over it.
Voltman , how can you say that !!:-O

NZ Cricket awards were to be shown on Sky and I was planning to watch it !!:ph34r:

I did see later and was pleased to see one of my favourite commentators Peter Sharpe given a lifetime award .:)

Smudge

JASON said:
Voltman , how can you say that !!:-O

NZ Cricket awards were to be shown on Sky and I was planning to watch it !!:ph34r:

I did see later and was pleased to see one of my favourite commentators Peter Sharpe given a lifetime award .:)
How can I say that? Because at least it wasn't a live sports match. And wasn't it still shown on Sky UHF, which was still working?