• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 Discussion, News, Results

AUST_HiTMaN

extremely unhappy at mine. a duck and 2 wickets in a test match? hmm shocking performance really.

It was my big chance to suceed in bowling and maybe get some wickets and a couple of runs, however i failed yet again.

sorry to be a let down in such a good win guys.

great win though i must say.

Mr Mxyzptlk

TDCC Young Guns said:
should there not be changes in the teams? a b side should not be able to dominate teh a side, throughout the season, makes it 2-0-1 to us now
The 'A' side is missing its two best batsmen and two best bowlers, as well as the best wicketkeeper batsman in Div 1. Therefore they're clearly not as strong as they would be.

David

International 12th Man
Inns Player Ovrs M Rs W E/R Wds NBs
1st David 11.4 2 31 3 2.66 1 0
2nd David 13.0 6 18 1 1.38 0 1

Very pleased with my bowling effort in a losing side, glad to make up for my poor showing last week.

Mr Mxyzptlk

26th February

**DIV 1**

INDIA A 212/9 50.0 overs
VETERANS XI 213/3 44.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Aravinda DeSilva

---

AUSTRALIA 'A' 224/4 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 225/8 48.0 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Gibbs N Smith

Coach's Comments:
A crucial win at a crucial stage of the season. The bowling was solid at best, and Gibbs N Smith continued his fine form, but it was Rik who was the real hero. With a shaky lower order, Rik held the chase together and saw us home on a spinning track.

---------------
---------------
**DIV 2**

WEST INDIES 'A' 224/7 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 223 48.2 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 1 runs

Man of the match: Dave Mohammed

---

BANGLADESH 157 36.4 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 159/5 36.0 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Joseph Yovich

Attachments

Slats4ever

STICKING IT TO DA MAN

Who cares what the A boys are saying, "they're missing their top players, they're all on tour" fact is B boys we're on top of the table and there by a long way. I don't wanna change this team, and give any players to the enemy, we're winning here, let's keep it this way. we won by 140, not even Bugs back in the side could make up for that. let them make excuses it's the sign of a bunch of bad losers! on a personal note i would like to apologise for my very slow and boring effort in compiling 76 off 225, but hey runs is what i'm all about! And getting AgeMaster out, well that was somethin special.

So let's go B boys, we're better than this mob, we know we are, we've proved it and let's win this thing.

AUST_HiTMaN

Passonate words there by slats.

The 5 day series should be ours, and we have a great chance of taking the 1 day series.

come on guys lets finish this season on a huge high.

We got the momentum to see it through

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: STICKING IT TO DA MAN

Slats4ever said:
Who cares what the A boys are saying, "they're missing their top players, they're all on tour" fact is B boys we're on top of the table and there by a long way.
And fact is, with the 5 players that were called up, the 'A' side were well clear of the rest of the opposition.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Re: STICKING IT TO DA MAN

Slats4ever said:
we won by 140, not even Bugs back in the side could make up for that.
You wouldn't have made that many runs if Mr Wright, David Jr. and Mr Ponting were there.

Mr Mxyzptlk

27th and 28th February

February 27th

**DIV 1**

AUSTRALIA 'A' 226/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'B' 227/5 48.2 overs

Cricket Web 'B' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Deeps

Coach's Comments:
Another fine win. The bowling was solid with Dave making early inroads to the cause. Pratyush bowled a lovely spell of flat legspin also, and Halsey's last over form continued, as he surrendered 14 runs on this day :P. A small change in the batting saw the out-of-form Samuel Vimes move down to number 7 with Jamee opening the batting. The move paid off superbly and Vimes played beautifully in tandem with Deeps in the winning partnership.

---

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 189/8 50.0 overs
VETERANS XI 195/2 37.5 overs

Veterans XI won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: Saeed Anwar
----------------
**DIV 2**

KENYA 178 35.4 overs
WEST INDIES 'A' 179/6 44.2 overs

West Indies 'A' won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Jerome Taylor

---

BANGLADESH 172 38.3 overs
MINNOWS XI 176/4 34.0 overs

Minnows XI won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: A Butt
---------------------------
---------------------------
28th February

**DIV 1**

Veterans XI 328 & 470/7d
Cricket Web 'B' 217 & 226

Veterans XI won by 355 runs

Man of the match: A Flower

Coach's Comments:
Ouch! Not much more can be said really. Poor bowling in the second innings followed poor batting in the first innings. Deeps was the only batsman who seemed to have any balls. Dave and Pratyush also gave brave efforts, but largely the batting was very poor against the swinging ball. The first innings bowling was quite good after a poor start, but the legspin duo of Pratyush and Halsey had a poor game. Big loss here.

---

New Zealand 'A' 205 & 249
India A 417 & 40/0

India A won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: S Sriram

NZ 'A' lose again, so Cricket Web 'A' stay alive in the playoff race!

----------------

**DIV 2**

South Africa 'A' 412/6d
Kenya 134 & 237

South Africa 'A' won by an innings and 41 runs

Man of the match: MO Odumbe

South Africa 'A' further consolidate their playoff spot.

---

Bangladesh 257 & 188
Australia 'A' 409 & 37/0

Australia 'A' won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: AR Bichel

Bichel takes his 59th wicket of the season.

Attachments

AUST_HiTMaN

Great win in the 1D boys!! We really needed that to stay in good contention for the 1D league. Great batting by Deeps and Buts, fantastic stuff.

However cant say the same in the 5D. was a dissapointing loss, but we gave it a good effort against a strong and hard Veterans XI.

The 1D one was the one we desperatly needed to win, and we carried through with it. Fantastic stuff.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Wohoo we still have a slight chance to make th playoffs.. and now that the tests are over maybe we will get some our senior fc players back to show the 'b' the real deal...

bugssy

i am a little dissappointed of the slagging that is going on in the dev sides.

yes the b side are playing well, and yes the a side have a few stars out but no need to get nasty guys.

come the a's

Slats4ever

That's what I'm talking about

Big one day win boys, with a final spot in 5 day wrapped up the one dayers are where we want the results. The talk that we're being harsh in the talking stakes are untrue, we'll sort that all out on the pitch, and so far we're sorting it out well! let's go B boys.

AUST_HiTMaN

The men will be sorted from the boys in our upcoming clash with CW A.

We can all talk tough but can we all carry through with it? ....

Lets let the cricket do the talking.

(i better not be eating my words tomorow after the result of this game) :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

29th February

**DIV 1**

*CLASH OF THE TITANS - FINAL OD EPISODE*

CRICKET WEB 'B' 242/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB 'A' 245/3 44.1 overs

Cricket Web 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Craig

Coach's Comments:
A flat track and wickets shared fairly evenly on the CW 'A' team. Imran Khan Jr. and Chris Hinton in particular were superb. Then Craig came back into form with a thunderous hundred at the most opportune of times, with the ODI series in NZ coming up. The CW 'B' bowling was largely disappointing and the As leap ahead in the fight for the second playoff spot. The race will come down to the final games.

---

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 109 28.2 overs
INDIA A 84 24.2 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 25 runs

Man of the match: Robin Peterson

Shocking pitch!
------------------
------------------
**DIV 2**

ENGLAND 'A' 147 35.5 overs
KENYA 107 33.5 overs

England 'A' won by 40 runs