• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SL Premier League Tournament (Season XIII-XIV)

HeathDavisSpeed

What the hell? I was last wicket and fell run out with only 1 run needed to tie (2 for victory) and 15 overs left? What was I (or my batting partner) thinking?!?

chooka_nick

What the hell? I was last wicket and fell run out with only 1 run needed to tie (2 for victory) and 15 overs left? What was I (or my batting partner) thinking?!?
Sometimes, you cant even buy luck.
Trust me, I know, what with me probably costing the Colts that last game.

Johnners

Disappointed with my bowling effort. Can't say the same for the bat though, 200s/r (H)

(Y) Well bowled Patto.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If Clapo bats up the order, I'd like to see Nick promoted a little higher, and perhaps Kerr opening since thats where he was playing for the CW Colts in the season and started looking good in that role...

Mr Mxyzptlk

If Clapo bats up the order, I'd like to see Nick promoted a little higher, and perhaps Kerr opening since thats where he was playing for the CW Colts in the season and started looking good in that role...
Except different clubs have different needs.

chaminda_00

Except different clubs have different needs.
Kalavitigoda is a No 3 and Pathirana is No 4 though. So you would think with Perera away on Internationals the opening spot is up for graps. Jayasinghe and Peris are crap, so it wouldn't be out of question that Hancock bats higher.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kalavitigoda is a No 3 and Pathirana is No 4 though. So you would think with Perera away on Internationals the opening spot is up for graps. Jayasinghe and Peris are crap, so it wouldn't be out of question that Hancock bats higher.
Wel Kalavitigoda spends a lot of time opening the batting, truth be told. So if he's a number 3, he doesn't show it amazingly well. And Jayasinghe is a batsman, so Hancock is unlikely to be batting ahead of him, regardless of Jayasinghe's skill. After all, Hancock hasn't been much better in OD cricket. Clapham bats as high as he does because his team is packed with allrounders, and Clapham has shown himself capable of striking the ball well in his time in England.

In conclusion, Hancock will move up to number 7, above the wicketkeeper, because that's fair enough. But it's not fair to ask a club to let Kerr - a middle order batsman - open the batting because his home club wants to turn him into an opener. Kerr will move up to 3 at best.

HeathDavisSpeed

That's more like it! 3-14. That's what I call >>>>>>>WHHOOOOOSSSHH>>>>>>>

Still looking forward to the First Class stuff. That's more my game, but good to get into a bit of form in such bowler friendly conditions.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hancock robbed of MOTM there. Glad to see him in the runs. #3 will be fine for Kerr, Liam.

Majin

Very pleased with that game, scoring decent runs so far this off season, especially pleased to be doing so well in List-A.

chooka_nick

...so it wouldn't be out of question that Hancock bats higher.
...In conclusion, Hancock will move up to number 7, above the wicketkeeper, because that's fair enough. But it's not fair to ask a club to let Kerr - a middle order batsman - open the batting because his home club wants to turn him into an opener. Kerr will move up to 3 at best.
Cheers for the faith. The moves discussed here paid off!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Code:
Team                P  W  L  BP Pts  NRR 
Tamil Union C&AC    9  8  1   6  38 +1.41
Moors SC            9  7  2   4  32 +0.57
Colombo CC          9  6  3   1  25 +0.16
Sinhalese SC        9  5  4   2  22 -0.08
Colts CC            9  4  5   4  20 +0.81
Nondescripts CC     9  4  5   3  19 -0.16
Chilaw Marians CC   8  3  5   3  15 -0.39
Ragama CC           9  3  6   1  13 -0.67
Badureliya SC       9  3  6   1  13 -0.70
Bloomfield C&AC     8  1  7   0   4 -1.19
The Chilaw Marians v Bloomfield match was presumably rained off.

Last edited: