• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smalltownguymakesgood

Rik

Hi guys, just letting you know how my Band is going!

We've got a "Warm Up" gig at the Yorkshire House in the centre of town tomorrow, getting £150 for 2 45 min sets, we've done longer for less. Seems more like a wear out rather than a "warm up!"
Everything is being geared towards our gig at the Music Hall as part of the Alternative Music Festival presented by Bullet UK Productions to celebrate their birthday. Since they sold out gigs for Electric 6, Shed 7 and The Bluetones, they decided to celebrate their birthday in Shrewsbury which has given us our chance! We are playing on the 1st night, in front of only the Signed Bands! Easyworld are playing and Peter Brame from Fame Academy is headlining. Razorlight, who have had quite a bit of coverage on MTV are headlining the next day. Without a doubt this is our biggest gig yet, and I haven't helped things by straining my left hamstring and finding it hard to put weight on my left leg without it getting close to collapsing!

In case anyone doesn't know I'm the bassist and wierd noise maker and generally the one who comes up with the mad ideas. I also write some of the lyrics. If you go here http://www.musichall.co.uk/theatrejan.htm and look down the list to the 23rd and 24th, you will see my band's name on the list. My band is called Telex! On the Wednesday there is a Jazz gig I might be going to on the list. Surprisingly Shrewsbury, or more generally, Shropshire, is a hotspot for Jazz, which I've really got into lately.

Anyway wish me luck, I'll try and post some pictures and feedback!

Ta :)

Rik

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't forget us little people...
I won't! I'll write a report! Oh yeah and if my band makes it, if you ask me, I'm sure you can get in backstage :D:D:D

Kimbo

dont trip up on the stairs to the stage, if there are any. It would be really funny. But dont...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Please dont forget to tour new zealand , and when you come here ill be more than happy to be hang out , get some backstage passes , drink up with the band , and the band crazy girls ... mm yea ..

Dont forget lord ! :)

Rik

Well we played the gig in the smallest area I think we've ever fitted in since we became a 4-piece. Good gig though, had plenty of mates over and everyone really enjoyed it. Also during the hectic end of one song in which I try and make the most horrid feedback noises by diving into my amp with my bass distortion pedal on, my leg gave way so the I was in a load of pain and pulled my hamstring even further. Made the noise I was making more understandable...

Rik

Well I'm playing tomorrow, got my mini digi camera so hopefully I might get some photos I can put up. Wish me luck, I've got a pulled hamstring, knackered fingers and a massive headache. Practised far too much lately. I need bed. Bye.