• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

Smudge

Where the ****'s our awards ceremony, DYCE? I didn't hire this tux so I could vacuum the lounge in it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure why I'm legally bound to do it. We're only club around where the captain has to do ****ing everything, how about you contribute.

And if you cbf, I already gave my Player of the Season award to Donald about 8 posts back.

Smudge

Not sure why I'm legally bound to do it. We're only club around where the captain has to do ****ing everything, how about you contribute.
Because after a season of being an utter ****, I thought there might be a chance of us seeing your softer side. Apparently not.

Indipper

So Smits, what was all this 'I don't wanna cap'n no more' stuff about? Were you just stretching your lungs or will you actually step down? Suckaz gotta know.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've been thinking about it for a few seasons now. I only stayed on this year because I hadn't won an FC trophy yet, but now I have it's a possibility. The off-season's long though, I'll think about it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Because I hate you guys so much, I trawled scorecards and gave 3,2,1's for every game and have some awards for you. Be thankful.

FC Player of the Year
There was quite a few contenders for this award. The top 4 in the race were Smith (D), Cloete, Donald and of course Dav Richards. With an amazingly productive all-round season, Dav Richards snuck in and stole the title towards the end, with up-and-comer Donald a close second (only a point in it). Cloete came in third and Smith fourth after a poor 2nd half of the season. In an interesting side note, after half a season I led the votes by about 9.
Winner: Dav
Runners Up: Blake Donald, Andrew Cloete

OD Player of the Year
2 batsmen and 1 bowler headed the tally for the OD player of the year coming into the last 2 OD games of the season, tied for points. Then, however, Stedman managed about 300 runs unbeaten in 2 innings, with a maximum of 6 points, and stole it from Chaulk who took 2 votes in both the last two matches. Smith was left with scraps and duly suffered.
Winner: Stedders
Runners Up: Ashw33 Ch0rk, Matteh Smiff

Rookie of the Year
In a battle between Burgers and JayJay, Ritchie, who has been affectionately dubbed "Okocha" by the Black faithful filled in admirably for the departed Ashw33 Arnold and deservedly takes out the award.
Winner: JJ "Okocha" Ritchie
Runners Up: Burgers, Konig

Player of the Season
For the second year running, Andrew Cloete takes the $$$ with another amazing season across both forms. What more can be said about the man, get him up here, I wanna boof him etc
Winner: And33 Clo3t3
Runners Up: Stedders, Dav

Captains Player of the Year
As previously announced, Blake Donald secured the captains award with a superb breakthrough season with bat and ball. The true successor to Eddie Sanders.

Last edited: