• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Time for changes

Rik

I agree, shame he didn't bring it onto the world stage still...

He's coming over to Shropshire soon, see what I can do...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Last I heard, he only had 197, must have been some sort of reclassifying one or 2 games he played in!

Incidentally, I believe he got about half of those after he turned 40, so maybe we could see another 10-15 years of Alec?

Anil

marc71178 said:
Incidentally, I believe he got about half of those after he turned 40, so maybe we could see another 10-15 years of Alec?
Do you really want to?:)

krkode

I'd hate to see the English side without Alec Stewart :O It just won't be the same :P

krkode

I'd pick a Stewart over any wicket keeper/batsman in the world bar Gilchrist, and Flower.

Anil

marc71178 said:
Don't see why not - the man averaged just under 45 in the Ashes series, and is still as good as anyone else IMO.
I mean, for the next 10-15 years. Wouldn't that just show an alarming paucity of up-and-coming talent w.r.t 'keepers in England?