• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tri-Nations rugby

Who will win the Tri-Nations?

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Isn't there also a Nic Pothas who has played two ODIS for South Africa in 2000 when Boucher injured himself cutting some biltong ?

Same one isn't it?

That one does have a Greek Passport, hence he's playing CC now.

Protea

That's already been done...is there anyone in the SA cricket team who is not picked on ability?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
That's already been done...is there anyone in the SA cricket team who is not picked on ability?
Not any more.. But I get seriously fed up every time I see Pietersen smashing runs in England because he got mistreated in SA and should actually be competing for a place in their middle order right now...

I hope Polly and Nel deal with him properly this winter though..

Protea

He may have gotten mistreated or the lure of the pound caused him to move. Jacques Rudolph and Graeme Smith were also mistreated by the system early on in their careers and look where they are now.
Maybe his girlfriend is English and he did a Roger Twose and moved.

I hope he gets felled by Polly and co. The slip cordon will have a few, "nice" words for him. Definitely not "welcome home" IMO :p

Cloete

Protea said:
These Englishmen should start producing their own sportsmen one day...
Welll about the same time SA gets it's counrty into order.... they still have a shocking President and their government is shocking. It obviously is improving (slightly) but I seriously think it's in the best interests of alot of sportsmen to move away.

Protea

Cloete said:
Welll about the same time SA gets it's counrty into order.... they still have a shocking President and their government is shocking. It obviously is improving (slightly) but I seriously think it's in the best interests of alot of sportsmen to move away.
That was only a joke. I live here and it ain't as shocking as what you make it out to be :)

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't intend to do that. I was only making a sarcastic comment, which I agree was not very, ahem, subtle. :)

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Seems like SA has had 50 years of being run by idiots.. The only change being the colour of the skin... Still at least progress is being made, im quite happy to watch from this side of the equator for a few years yet.. Although i want to eventually get flying down there depending on how the industry is coping...

Yeah Im sure the slips will have a few words to Pietersen, especially Kallis...
I just wish AAD was still around and firing to really give him some blurb....
Im also glad that the steps to the pavilion at the Wanderers has got a cage over the top to protect him.. Lets hops it's soundproof too :)

Last edited:

Protea

It's really nice being here to witness change happening. Like when we got the right to host the World Cup 2010, it was like for a day....or weekend, the country was united. Like when we won the rugby world cup...okay, I'll stop. I'm getting sentimental.

Pietersen won't get as much abuse as Rathbone did when he came here with the Brumbies. The whole stadium irrupted into boos and you could hear drunk Afrikaners shouting "traitor".
I hope Suzie is working on a very special curry for him :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ill be watchin with interest then...

Protea, you couldn't by any chance tell me what Port Alfred and George are like these days could you? (If you have ever been that is!) Ive never been to the coast, and some of the really good flight schools are located down there, thats all...

Protea

My dad's from Port Alfred so I used to go there a lot when I was younger. It's basically a holiday town so it's really dead in winter but in summer it's fun with all these festivals. Generally pretty quiet and safe.
I've been to George twice. Once for a wedding and another time for a school trip. It keeps getting bigger, especially since Fancourt has become so famous. That's were Hansie's plane crashed, in those mountains down there.

Also, if you're into surfing, you should check out Jeffrey's Bay & St. Francis. Billabong Pro is on at the moment in J-Bay. :)

Last edited:

Cloete

Protea said:
That was only a joke. I live here and it ain't as shocking as what you make it out to be :)

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't intend to do that. I was only making a sarcastic comment, which I agree was not very, ahem, subtle. :)
Yeah sorry.. I was just stating the truth.

Btw I still have family there so it's not like I have no idea what I'm talking about...

100% agree with you there Lang...

cbuts

Tim said:
haha..Im reading an article by Bob Dwyer where he quotes:

"the Bledisloe Cup, must be re-organised. Either you win it or lose it each time you play or we have a three-Test series."

lol..after years of telling us to get over it, they're at it themselves.
actually the aussies always said they wanted a third game. they proposed to play it in the states and japan - greater revenue. we are the ones who always said no - becuase our players are too soft to play 30 odd games a year

cbuts

Cloete said:
Wessells, Hick(Although originally from Rhodesia/Zim), Mehrtens, Cashmore (I think!), Tian Strauss (Played for Aus for a while.) there's still many more!
merhts aint a traitor, he was just born in sa, raised from the age of so many months in nz. cashmore is nz born and bred, from the coromandel isnt he??