• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would your Natwest Team of the Series be?

Rik

I really don't know to be honest. The only players I'm sure of at the moment are:

Trescothick and Smith, Rudolf and Kallis, Flintoff, Anderson and Streak. I'm not sure about the keeper or who the spinner would be. Any ideas?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Agreed on those seven - with Streak as skipper.

I'd have Read as the keeper, and where's Gough?

Why do we need a spinner? If so, Ray Price has been the best of the bunch. So two more batsmen - Andy Hall and Solanki for that one innings!

Langeveldt

Soutie
1.M Trescothick
2.V Solanki
3.J Rudolph
4.J Kallis
5.A Hall
6.M Boucher
7.A Flintoff
8.H Streak
9.S Pollock
10.J Anderson
11.R Price

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1. Trescothick
2. Smith
3. Kallis
4. Rudolph
5. Flintoff
6. Hall
7. Streak
8. Pollock
9. Read (geez 9!)
10. Gough
11. Anderson

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I 100% agree with the EWS formerly known as Prince.

I sent exactly the same side into the TMS competition except for the order - I had Read at 8 and Pollock at 9.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Actaully Im the Prince formerly known as EWS. It satnds for Eccentric Wests Supporter. I used on on a Rugby league Forums, and with the rumours of the Tigers signing Scott Prince, I added the Prince bit in.

And on Pollock and Read. I think pollock is a much better batsman than given credit for lately. he has only got one opputunity to really bat 9and yes, he got a duck), but other than that, he has always had to smash the ball, and ends up throwing away his wicket. But whith a team like that, it proably wont get doen to 8 or 9 anyway.

But anyay, Im glad you agree.

Rik

luckyeddie said:
I 100% agree with the EWS formerly known as Prince.

I sent exactly the same side into the TMS competition except for the order - I had Read at 8 and Pollock at 9.
Yeah same here, although I might have Boucher at 8

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
1. Trescothick
2. Smith
3. Kallis
4. Rudolph
5. Flintoff
6. Streak
7. Read
8. Pollock
9. Price
10. Gough
11. Anderson

Mind you, that side lacks a natural captain, and I think Vaughan has been good in that role in all honesty.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually on 2nd thoughts:

Solanki (every time he gets past 10, he get's a ton)
Marillier (7 in 3 knocks tells it's own story)
Key (sorry Rich!)
Friend (what bowling 81 from 10.3 overs)
Troughton (great fielder, but what about batting?)
Clarke (has to make the cut)
Taibu (too small)
AA (c)
Blignaut (what exactly do you do?)
Giles (Popular choice, even if I still think he's harshly criticised)
Harmison (Ditto)

What a team that would be.

Bazza

Well everyone's left out Ntini who is easily the leasing wicket-taker, even if he has been a little expensive.

Trescothick
Smith
Vaughan (C)
Kallis
Flintoff
Read
Streak
Pollock
Price
Anderson
Gough

That's a first draft but I seem to have 7 bowlers! :lol:

I forgot about Rudolph so he could come in for Price (don't need a spinner) and bat at 5. Maybe Hall to strengthen the batting. Don't know who for though.

EDIT: OK now I feel silly because I left Ntini out as well after all that! Anyone noticed how bowling has dominated this series? :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
Solanki (every time he gets past 10, he get's a ton)
OK, so he won't make one this time, but it's a huge ask for him to get 100 when the team are chasing 108...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Incidentally, the TMS team voted Gibbs into their team.

That's Gibbs with a run of scores as follows:

5, 5, 1, 93*, 2, 2, 9.

Good call there.

Rik

marc71178 said:
OK, so he won't make one this time, but it's a huge ask for him to get 100 when the team are chasing 108...
Your forgetting his 40* against Pakistan...

Mr. P

:lol: Why did nobody consider Ntini? Surely he must be given some thought, seeing as he has been in better form than Pollock for some time now. (Matchwinning performance against Zimbabwe)