• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies domestic Thread

NasserFan207

Haven't seen one of these for a while so thought I'd post this for discussion on the latest goings on, also for me to discuss any prospects I've been tracking/keeping an eye on.

T20 island tournament is going on, and I actually watched Guyana/C&C last night. ****ing ridiculous game. Was mainly watching it to keep track of my boy Holder's progress, and the kid did well up untill the last two balls of the match. Guyana needed 10 from 2 with numbers 9/10 at the crease. Holder totally panics and bowls a noball which costs 3, then gets smacked for six next ball and ends up losing his side the game.

Anyway was ridiculous ****, kid is not cut out to be an ODI bowler. :laugh:

Comp is probably between Guyana and T&T now. Shame really, C&C winning last night would've made things really interesting

50-over comp follows this, then the fourday stuff in Feb

Last edited:

NasserFan207

Nah dont think so. Everyones given up on him, he can't string a season together.

He's not playing for Jamaica anyway

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

Well the T20 competition is going exactly how it usually goes to be honest, big teams winning everything, Trinidad beat CCC yesterday but Jason Holder once again impressed with the ball by taking two wickets, in the previous day CCC also played Guyana and pushed them all the way, only lost on the final ball, Holder got Chanderpaul with a beauty,

Barbados also beat Jamaica yeterday in a low scoring game, Carlos Brathwaite done the damage by getting four wickets and young wicket-keeper Shane Dowrich held firm when Barbados was in a little trouble at 30/5 to see them through with a 16 not out knock,

Just now Jamaica just beat Winwards by twelve runs too. Trindadad take on Leewards in tonights other game and i can see Narine and co running riot to be honest as Leewards look poor.

NasserFan207

WW correct me if I'm wrong but you are from Guyana right?

Barbados has been the most impressive side in this comp so far imo

grecian

Rahkeem Cornwall is a big boy isn't he?

OOh and Liam Sebastian is a bit of a knob.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

Time to update this methinks!!!..

This week it's Guyana vs Trinidad, Jamaica vs Winwards and CCC vs Leewards

In the heavyweight class between Guy and Trinidad The Trini's batted first and made 319, Darren Bravo got 66, Ramdin 84 and Simmons 51, Darren was looking in brilliant form until he got lazy and gave it away tbh, all eyes were on Pollard due to there being speculation that he's set for a test call up but he disappointed and hauled out for around 8 runs.

For Guy's bowlers Permaul got a 4fer and the young quick who a LOT of people are raving about called Ronsford Beaton got two wickets.

Now to Guyana's innings, started very well, young Tagenarine Chanderpaul opened with test player Fudadin and they were going along nicely until Fudadin got done lbw by Gabriel, after that set back Guyana were cruising, reached 130/1 and Leon Johnson who is decent little left-hander got to 80 with Tage on 41, his biggest score to date, the comms were saying the pitch is utterly dead, then the Narine show started, he got the breakthrough and got Tage to edge to slips, then he done Sarwan LBW for a duck, then he deceived Shiv to edge for 10 runs, it was mayhem at the Queens park Oval!! :D , after that he totally baffled Johnson with a doosra and bowled him on 87, the man was just incredible and totally turned the game around, ended up getting six wickets in that spell and Guyana were left on 195/9 at stumps, with two days to go Trinidad will want to build a big lead here.

Now to Winwards vs Jamaica, Jam were put in and got 207 on day one, Shillingford continued his good form by getting a 4fer and Sammy got three wickets, for the batting side Gayle, who was playing his first FC match in a while struck a few boundries but then edge off of young pace prospect Delorn Johnson,

Winwards thought they'd done well by getting the champions out for 207 but it was in vain as they were outted for 130!!, those Jamaican spinner Nikita Miller and Odean Brown done the damage once again and Sammy was even bowled for a duck!!,

So Jam batted again and they were in serious trouble, 44/6 to be exect and Gayle got done AGAIN by johnson for a duck, seriously i think Gayle might be finished now, he's recent form as been worse than shambolic, anyway Shilly as usual got in on the act and got another 4fer while Sammy got a 4fer too to send Jamaica crashing to 97 all out, they now need 175 to win but have already lost their best batter Devon Smith for a duck before close, so it's anyone's game,

Winwards have won three out of three and have been a real surprise this year with Shilly and Delorn Johnson taking wickets while Devon smith has been getting tons, so if they win this match against the champions then it could be a sign of a change in our domestic cricket.

In the last game CCC and Leewards are fighting it out in a close battle, Powell came back for Leewards and got 28, needs to get a better score in the second innings to get warmed up for the tests next week.