• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'World Cup 2011' Draft

smalishah84

The Tiger King
yeah man

NUFAN & marc71178 6390
G.I.Joe & marcussjd9 5888
Michaelf7777777 & Contra 5373
Howe_zat & Teja 4958
M0rphin3 & weldone 4674
Blaze18 & smalishah84 4517
KingKallis 4325
HeathDavisSpeed & Flyonthewall 4311
morgeib & Himannv 3855
weeman27bob & Cevno 3402
Somerset & centurymaker 3244

Somerset

That latest update makes for terrible reading - at this rate the winner of the competition will manage more than double the amount of points of the Somerset-Centurymaker team...

HeathDavisSpeed

Don't have many decent players left now. MS Dhoni, David Hussey, Brett Lee, Eoin Morgan, Thilan Samaraweera and Ajantha Mendis.

Hussey, Samara and Mendis all might not play. Dhoni might not bat. Relying on Lee and Morgan to bag a hatful of points.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looking at it, if England beat SL then Hoe and Markarse are in the box seat as we lose one of our trumps and one of our other better players.

kingkallis

I have Sehwag, Steyn, Hafeez, Sammy, Haddin, Mussey, Mills ( who wont play ), Collingwood ( who wont play ), Kirk Edwards ( who wont play )

I can still get to Top 3 if Sehwag, Haddin, Hafeez manages to score a ton or two in their remaining games.

A fifer from Steyn and couple of good spells from Sammy can be handy as well.

kingkallis

Guys, we are making these changes ( replacements ) so if we miss any player, do inform me.

Bravo <---> Bishoo
Shehzad <---> Dernbach
Bennett <---> Tuffey

Himannv

All my players, excluding Broad, still have a chance to play but I have no hopes at all on any of them. None of them are Sri Lankan so I hope all of them suck. :dry:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Expecting big things from Matthews, Bell, Malinga, Styris, Tahir, Gayle, Taylor and Munaf in the quarters.

Ahmed Shehzad has been dropped and Rahim and Ervine have been knocked out.

Ervine you are a gun.

Rahim **** off.
Shehzad? Die in a fire. 74 friggin points in 5 matches.

Marcuss

Team Awesome

Graeme Smith (SA) (Bat)
Hashim Amla (SA) (Bat)
Virat Kohli (Ind) (Bat)
Eoin Morgan (Eng) (Bat)
Jacob Oram (NZ) (AR)
Tatenda Taibu (Zim) (+)
Trent Johnston (Ire) (AR)
Mitchell Johnson (Aus) (AR)
Graeme Swann (Eng) (Bowl)
Saeed Ajmal (Pak) (Bowl)
Kemar Roach (WI) (Bowl)
Main Performers -
Kemar Roach, has been consistently excellent and will hopefully be fit for the QF against Pakistan where he'll need to fire if the WI are to progress.
Mitchell Johnson, has performed far better than I expected him to even if he was mixed it up with some dross. Not overly optimistic about his chances against India but then again predicting things with Johnson is nigh on impossible.

Good performers
Graeme Swann - WAG :wub: Has a decent record against Sri Lanka and will have to fire if England are going to progress.
Hashim Amla - Not bad but not great. Considering his ODI record and his past performances in the subcontinent I was expecting more. Hopefully the best is yet to come.
Jacob Oram - Has scored quick runs and bowled tight overs. Great stuff from the big man even if he was dropped for a game. Hopefully he can have a part to play against South Africa but would rather he didn't dismiss Smith or Amla :p

Average
Ravi Bopara - has contributed more than I expected him to but due to his role in the England side he can't be relied upon to score big points. Another performance like the one against the West Indies with the ball coupled with some runs would be ideal.

Disappointing
Virat Kohli - Make some big runs ffs :( Being sent in as low as 7 by Dhoni hasn't helped the matter but needs a century.
Graeme Smith - lolbad. Embarrassing. Needs runs against NZ just not too many off Oram's bowling.
Saeed Ajmal - Please pick him Pakistan. Better than Rehmann but needs to play.

Eliminated
Trent Johnston and Tatenda Taibu - both can hold their heads up.

Blaze 18

Banned
Tiger Kings XI

1) Yuvraj Singh 1398
2) Umar Gul 946
3) Tim Bresnan 725
4) Michael Clarke 437
5) Nathan McCullum 348
6) Kamran Akmal 287
7) Ricky Ponting 112
8) Michael Yardy 110
9) Mohammad Ashraful 82
10)Ashish Nehra 60
11)Chamara Kapugedara 11

Mohammad Ashraful's gone; Yardy, Nehra and Kapugedara are unlikely to get a game. We're down to seven players. :laugh: Hope Ponting and Clarke don't add anything to their tally though :p

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Tiger Kings XI

1) Yuvraj Singh 1398
2) Umar Gul 946
3) Tim Bresnan 725
4) Michael Clarke 437
5) Nathan McCullum 348
6) Kamran Akmal 287
7) Ricky Ponting 112
8) Michael Yardy 110
9) Mohammad Ashraful 82
10)Ashish Nehra 60
11)Chamara Kapugedara 11

Mohammad Ashraful's gone; Yardy, Nehra and Kapugedara are unlikely to get a game. We're down to seven players. :laugh: Hope Ponting and Clarke don't add anything to their tally though :p
Alternatively you can hope that Clarke and Ponting get huge scores but Yuvraj trumps them both and gets more than a fiver and India coast to victory. That way we would get maximum points without you getting disappointed.

Blaze 18

Banned
Alternatively you can hope that Clarke and Ponting get huge scores but Yuvraj trumps them both and gets more than a fiver and India coast to victory. That way we would get maximum points without you getting disappointed.
Okay.

Ponting 100
Clarke 100

Yuvraj MoM for 140 n.o and 7/50.