• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WTC attack 911 calls

BlackCap_Fan

These 2 calls were from the world trade center on 9/11. Theres a transcirpt for both of them, and an mp3 of them if you want to listen to them. They're pretty disturbing though.

First call:

9-11: What's the telephone number I can tell FD to push up? What's the telephone number you're calling from?

Kevin Cosgrove: I can barely see.

9-11: You can barely see?

KC: 4-4-1... .

9-11: 4-4-1... .

KC: 2-6-2-3

9-11: That's on the 105th floor of the Northwest corner, right?

KC: Right.

9-11: At number Two World Trade Center?

KC: Right ... Lady, there's two of us in this office. We're not ready to die, but it's getting bad.

9-11: I understand, sir. We're trying to get all the apparatuses there. I am trying to let them know where you are. Stay on the line

KC: Oh, please hurry.

Fire Department: Let me talk to the caller please ... Let me talk to the caller. Where is he?

9-11: He's on the line.

FD: Let me talk to him ... Where is the fire, sir?

KC: Smoke really bad. 105 Two Tower.

FD: Alright. Sit tight. We'll get to you as soon as we can.

KC: They keep saying that, but the smoke's really bad now.

FD: That's all we can do now.

KC: What floor are you guys up to?

FD: We're getting there. We're getting there.

KC: Doesn't feel like it, man. I got young kids.

FD: I understand that, sir. We're on the way.

9-11: He's on the 105th floor in the Northwest corner.

KC: He hung up on me ... Hello, operator?

9-11: Yes?

KC: Come on, man.

9-11: We have everything we need, sir.

KC: I know you do, but doesn't seem like it ... You got lots of people up here.

9-11: I understand.

KC: I know you got a lot in the building, but we are on the top. Smoke raises, too. We are on the floor. We're in the window. I can barely breathe now. I can't see.

9-11: Okay, just try to hang in there. I'm going to stay with you.

KC: You can say that, you're in an air-conditioned building. What the hell happened?

9-11: Okay. I'm still here ... still trying ... The Fire Department is trying to get to you.

KC: Doesn't feel like it.

9-11: Okay, try to calm down so you can conserve your oxygen, okay? Try to ...

KC: Tell God to blow the wind from the West. It's really bad. It's black. It's arid. Does anyone else wanna chime in here? We're young men. We're not ready to die.

9-11: I understand.

KC: How the hell are you going to get my *** down? I need oxygen.

9-11: They're coming. They're getting you. They have a lot of apparatuses on the scene.

KC: It doesn't feel like it, lady. You get them in from all over. You get 'em in from Jersey. I don't give a ****. Ohio.

9-11: Okay, sir. What's your last name?

KC: Name's Cosgrove. I must have told you about a dozen times already. C.O.S.G.R.O.V.E. My wife thinks I'm alright. I called and said I was leaving the building and that I was fine and then -- bang ... Cherry. Doug Cherry. Doug Cherry's next to me. 105. Whose office? John Ostaru's office?

9-11: That's where he said? That's the office?

KC: We're in John Ostaru's office. O.S.T.A.R.U.

9-11: A.R.U.

KC: Right. That's the office we're in. There are three of us in here.

9-11: Ostaru. Hello?

KC: Hello. We're looking in ... We're overlooking the Financial Center. Three of us. Two broken windows. Oh God. Oh ...

At this point the tower collapses.
Mp3 of the call

and the second:

Melissa Doi: Oh my God, I'm on the 83rd floor! I’m on the 83rd floor!

9-11: Ma’am how ya doing?

MD: Is it… is it… are they going to be able to get somebody up here?

9-11: Well of course ma’am. We’re coming up for you.

MD: Well, There's no one here yet and the floor's completely engulfed. We are on the floor and we can't breathe and it's very, very, very hot.

9-11: It’s very... are the lights still on?

MD: The lights are on but it’s very hot, very hot! We’re all the way on the other side of Liberty and its very, very hot!

9-11: Can you turn the lights off?

MD: No! No the lights are off.

9-11: Now, everybody stay calm, you’re doing a good job. Everybody’s coming, everybody knows… everybody knows what happened. That have to take time to come up there, you know that. You got to be very careful.

MD: It’s very, very hot.

9-11: I understand. You’ve got to be very, very careful… how they approach you, ok? Now you stay calm. How many people where you’re at right now?

MD: There’s like five people here with me. Everybody’s having trouble breathing, some people are worse.

9-11: Unconscious? Everybody awake? And its very hot there but there’s no fire there right?

MD: I can’t see because its too hot.

9-11: Very hot. No fire for now and no smoke right?

MD: Of course there’s smoke! There is smoke! I can’t breathe! I think there is fire because it’s very hot. It’s very hot everywhere on the floor.

9-11: I’m documenting what you’re saying ok? It’s very hot, you see no fire but you see smoke right?

MD: It’s very hot. I don’t see any air anymore. All I see is smoke. Please…

9-11: Listen. The call is in, I’m documenting…

MD: I'm going to die, aren't I?

9-11: No, no, no.

MD: I'm going to die.

9-11: Ma'am say your prayers.

MD: I’m going to die.

9-11: You have to think positive because you got to help each other off the floor.

MD: I’m going to die. I know I’m going to die.

9-11: Stay calm, stay calm, stay calm. You’re doing a good job.

MD: Please God. No. It’s so hot. I’m burning up.

(9-11 operator talks on radio)

MD: Wait, wait, wait! We here voices! Hello! Help!

9-11: Hello ma’am?

MD: Help!

9-11: Stay calm, stay calm. Just don’t move.

MD: Oh my God. Find out if there's anybody here on the 83rd floor.

9-11: Ma'am stay on the phone with me.

MD: Find out if there's anyone on the 83rd floor because we thought we heard somebody.

9-11: Ma'am I already notified the lieutenant, ok? I already notified the lieutenant that there’s five people on the 83rd floor right? Very hot and smoky so they won’t overlook you, ok dear?

MD: Can you... can you stay on the line with me please?

9-11: Yes ma’am.

MD: I feel like I'm dying… they’re here?

9-11: Are they inside with you yet, dear?

MD: No.

9-11: Ok, Stay calm.

MD: Can you find out where they are?

9-11: Ma’am, stay calm until they get inside.

(9-11 operator talks on radio and tape ends)
MP3 of second call.

The first one is the worst. The quality isn't that good, but considering it's coming from a burning building it's not too bad.

There's more scattered around, these are just a couple I found.

Robertinho

I don't see why you're posting this. To remind everyone how terrible it was and how many people lost their lives? Good work mate, good work...

Mr Casson

Robertinho said:
I don't see why you're posting this. To remind everyone how terrible it was and how many people lost their lives? Good work mate, good work...
Fair dinkum, Chinaboy. What's wrong with being reminded of an atrocious event where people lost their lives? If you're going to fully understand the enormity of what happened and the terror that the victims suffered then these transcripts and soundbytes might help people do that. It helps people to consolidate their own lives.

Every year we celebrate ANZAC Day and remember another terrible event where many people lost their lives. Sorry if it blows wind up your back.

GotSpin

Robertinho said:
Umm Anzac day? Im fairly sure we still celebrate that to recognise the events that took place

These transcripts are able to personalise the event and show the enormity of what happend

Last edited:

Robertinho

Mr Casson said:
Fair dinkum, Chinaboy. What's wrong with being reminded of an atrocious event where people lost their lives? If you're going to fully understand the enormity of what happened and the terror that the victims suffered then these transcripts and soundbytes might help people do that. It helps people to consolidate their own lives.

Every year we celebrate ANZAC Day and remember another terrible event where many people lost their lives. Sorry if it blows wind up your back.
Yes, but it's not even the 5 year anniversary, so what's the significance? And I think people have already come to fully understand the enormity of what happened through the endless media coverage it received over the past 5 years. It's chilling to hear that sound recording, but why instigate mourning 5 months before the anniversary, where we'll no doubt be treated to some more horrible images/etc?

And don't even compare this with ANZAC day, they were actually involved in a war, these people were normal, working people who were killed in the middle of their average day. Completely different.

Robertinho

GoT_SpIn said:
Umm Anzac day? Im fairly sure we still celebrate that to recognise the events that took place

These transcripts are able to personalise the event and show the enormity of what happend
Do you want to copy Ged's post any more? Go support the Cronulla riots, you ol' Durstinator you.

Mr Casson

Robertinho said:
Yes, but it's not even the 5 year anniversary, so what's the significance? And I think people have already come to fully understand the enormity of what happened through the endless media coverage it received over the past 5 years. It's chilling to hear that sound recording, but why instigate mourning 5 months before the anniversary, where we'll no doubt be treated to some more horrible images/etc?

And don't even compare this with ANZAC day, they were actually involved in a war, these people were normal, working people who were killed in the middle of their average day. Completely different.
So people who gave their lives for a war, knowing the consequences and who risked their lives willingly should be glorified and immortalised while scores of people who were slaughtered going about their daily business should be forgotten?

Are you trying to say you've never willingly read a gory war tale? Or watched a graphic war movie? Stories and images of ugly events that remember and commemorate, condone and damn the the limitless scope of human behaviour are essential for those who see and hear them to learn from. If you can take something from it, then it isn't "Completely different" at all and it makes no difference where it came from or who it was.

benchmark00

I read this in the paper yesterday, chilling stuff really.

I didn't think they released the tapes as a request from the families of victims though?.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Of course not. You say 9/11, everyone knows what you're talking about. The 9/11 anniversary is a significant event worldwide and I'm fairly certain that nobody will ever forget what happened that day, or the innocent people who were the victims.

Mr Casson

Robertinho said:
Of course not. You say 9/11, everyone knows what you're talking about. The 9/11 anniversary is a significant event worldwide and I'm fairly certain that nobody will ever forget what happened that day, or the innocent people who were the victims.
I realise that, and I also realise that most people (including me) are filled to the crank with hearing about 9/11, but when something new comes out it's not hard to just let it slide rather than demean it.

Craig

World Traveller
benchmark00 said:
I read this in the paper yesterday, chilling stuff really.

I didn't they released the tapes as a request from the families of victims though?.
Yeah they did.

They went to court to get the tapes.

GotSpin

Robertinho said:
Do you want to copy Ged's post any more? Go support the Cronulla riots, you ol' Durstinator you.
I didnt even read it. lol go support the cronulla riots, what are you on about jerk . Preety funny, durstinator- another original call.

Robertinho

GoT_SpIn said:
I didnt even read it. lol go support the cronulla riots, what are you on about jerk . Preety funny, durstinator- another original call.
I hope you know I pack a chain saw, I'll skin your *** raw..

Mr Casson

GoT_SpIn said:
There's no need to bring lowly name-calling into it though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wasn't this blocked from being made public by the US courts? If so, it shouldn't be listed on Cricket Web.

Can someone confirm either way please?

Mr Casson

James said:
Wasn't this blocked from being made public by the US courts? If so, it shouldn't be listed on Cricket Web.

Can someone confirm either way please?
I think originally the families were made privy to the recordings and were gagged by the courts, but have recently been released publicly. Either way the transcripts are appearing in the news, so it's fair game isn't it?