• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Country's National TV

nikhil1772

Is your National TV channel any good?

As far as I can guess,India's national TV Doordarshan is the worst...pathetic to say the least.All the programs are pure crap...and I cant even begin to describe the programs which are on air on it...Nothing comedy about the comedy soaps...no suspense in detective serials...and sick-to-death drama in all the drama soaps

And the DD News channel is also the worst news channel I've ever seen...the news reporters at the event venue and the ones in the studio have no contact most of the times...they both stare at the cameras blank-minded...and it looks very funny...I'd rather prefer watching DD news than any comedy soap...

Only silver lining is the free Cricket Coverage of all the Indian Cricket matches...but the Fourth Umpire program is also the worst

Well I cant remember all the things about our great National TV right now but I think my Indian friends here will second me and come up with some other stuff...meanwhile let us know how is your National TV channel?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
We have five Channels... they`re OK I guess. Pretty crap when it comes to some sports, like International Tours for Cricket.

Robertinho

In Australia we have ABC, SBS, Channel 7, Channel 9 and Channel 10. ABC is the government run one, SBS is the boring, newsy-old people one, which sometimes runs good shows.

Channel 7, 9 and 10 are pretty much the same. Of course they have their upsides...

Channel 7 - Lost, Desperate Housewives
Channel 9 - Wide World of Sports
Channel 10 - Cricket, Footy, Simpsons, the OC

Etc. There's other shows aswell, some of those shows people may think are crap. But yeah, it's pretty good. I've lived in Indonesia, the Phillipines and Hong Kong, and Australia probably has the best free TV, though the cable TV in all four countries is awesome...

Deja moo

Nnanden said:
What about it, Moo?
This part : Lara was for an extremely large part of his career extremely inconsistent, even if the averages say that he`s not.

I mean, it makes sense.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Deja moo said:
This part : Lara was for an extremely large part of his career extremely inconsistent, even if the averages say that he`s not.

I mean, it makes sense.
Fine, it is gone. Enjoy.

Kweek

Devil Duckey ( aka Lucky Eddie )
lets see we got Nederland 1 & 2 & 3
RTL 4, RTL 5, SBS6,Veronica,Yorin,Net 5, TMF,MTV....
1 is interlectual stuff 2 is sports and series , 3 is kids and entertainment
RTF 4 got soaps and stuff, RTL 5 got some movies and business stuff, SBS6 is pathatic but sometimes got a good movie, Veronica sometimes has a good movie...for the rest it sux, Yorin is great, good movies good series and stuff(CSI,Friends) Net 5 got desperate housewives,sex and the city and Joey. and tmf and mtv are music channels :)

Last edited:

SJS

Your Country's National TV......

.....sucks !!

Of course, some "patriotic" countrymen will "defend" by saying Pakistani TV sucks more !! As if it matters to me how Pakistani TV is :sleep:

But then anything that is controlled by the government is despicable so no reason why the TV should be any different :mellow:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Don't have any basis for this statement, but I think NRK1 (the national channel here) is the only national channel in continental Europe that have ever broadcasted an ODI. So for that, they get ten points. Apart from that, it's the normal state-produced infotainment mix - some humour, some news, lots and lots of sports. NRK2 was supposed to be very cultural in the beginning, but has now turned into a music video channel most of the time and replays the other times (tho they do show Black Adder and Monty Python's Flying Circus these days). Then there's TV2 - lots of crap reality shows, almost never watch that unless there's a football match with Glimt or Norway. TVNorge is even worse than TV2, amazingly - 24 hours of American TV or music videos.

The channel I watch the most is Eurosport, but that's not national...

SJS

Sorry. I should have clarified.

Everything business activity that private enterprise or private individuals can do but the Government insists on controlling sucks :)