• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your four semi-finalists

Rich2001

Don said:
West Indies
New Zeland
India
Sri Lanka

Semi one
West Indies vs Sri lanka
Semi two
New Zeland vs India

Final
West Indies vs India

Correct me if iam wrong but don't the winners of Australia's group and the winners of England's group meet in the SF's?

So it would have to be something like...

Semi one
New Zeland vs Sri lanka
Semi two
West Indies vs India

Final
West Indies vs India - Well it can't happen :)

Anyway as for my guess I would go for......

Australia
England
South Africa
India

Arjun

It does not matter who the other three semi-finalists are, you could replace them with minnows, A-teams or under-19 players, but Australia is the only team that can win. They're winning everything! On present form, there are no other contenders.

Tim

Well you've been paying attention to the groups then!
Impossible for both NZ & Aus to go through together.

FRAZ

Neil Pickup said:
England
Bangladesh
Kenya
USA
Well Mr Pick up , Honestly I would like to see that . And I would like to see USA winning cuz if USA makes a good cricket structure then definately Cricket will be the best game in the world . And it will no longer have 10 teams but may 've more than 25 ...........

JASON

Currently England are on the rise even in ODIs. So I think home, pace friendly tracks, Harmo and Goughy bowling well with Jimmy Anderson, Freddie on fire and rocking and Tresco, Strauss, Geraint Jones all contributing with maybe Collingwood too - I was wrong earlier about Englands selections. I pick England over SL, New Zealand to pull a shock over Australia, Pak to overcome a Tendulkar less India and SA to finally bring some cheer to their fans over the Windies.

So my Semifinalists -
England
New Zealand
Pakistan
SA

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FRAZ said:
Well Mr Pick up , Honestly I would like to see that . And I would like to see USA winning cuz if USA makes a good cricket structure then definately Cricket will be the best game in the world . And it will no longer have 10 teams but may 've more than 25 ...........
Why is it so dependant on the USA?

The biggest global sport of them all got as big as it is without the USA's involvement to any real level.

Craig

World Traveller
JASON said:
Currently England are on the rise even in ODIs. So I think home, pace friendly tracks, Harmo and Goughy bowling well with Jimmy Anderson, Freddie on fire and rocking and Tresco, Strauss, Geraint Jones all contributing with maybe Collingwood too - I was wrong earlier about Englands selections. I pick England over SL, New Zealand to pull a shock over Australia, Pak to overcome a Tendulkar less India and SA to finally bring some cheer to their fans over the Windies.

So my Semifinalists -
England
New Zealand
Pakistan
SA
Why thanks :D

anzac

marc71178 said:
Why is it so dependant on the USA?

The biggest global sport of them all got as big as it is without the USA's involvement to any real level.

I think association football is the biggest global sport of them all.............

and I think he is referring to the potential American market & sponsorship dollars that could potentially flood into the game & perhaps offset the monetary dominance of Asian cricket & the ENG domestic comp??????????