• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FBI lands in Mumbai to conduct investigation into the bombings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anil

Pakistan cracked down on them because they were told these people were associated with LeT and were responsible for the Mumbai attack. Simple as that. Now they are in custody. In order to keep them in custody, proper evidence to convict them needs to be presented. This is a fundamental procedure of any criminal system. Surely you must understand that?
so they just did it because india told them to do so? forgive the skepticism it stems from the fact that i wasn't aware that we had such a friendly, accomodating neighbor...sorry but that is such a naive inference of what happened...

jeevan

All these incidents were different then Mumbai attacks.

They were a case of suicide bombings in which no suspects were caught alive while in these Mumbai attacks they habe been to capture one of the terrorist alive.
Actually recent news in Pakistani media is that the Bhutto assassination was carried out by more than the one bomber. The others got away, is precisely the point. Your president is unable or unwilling to have any sort of investigation into the killing of his own wife, what chance do the victims of Mumbai have with the Pakistani justice system?

In the Mumbai attacks, Ajmal Kasab is a very key lead into the investigation. But isnt the only one by any means.

Sanz

I love it how you completely ignore the context of my posts in order to make your point. So you think Pakistanis are not aware, nor worried about 18 year olds turning to terrorism? Those 18 year old suicide bombers have taken far more lives in Pakistan than India. Pakistanis understand that there are extremists hiding in their land. They have been confronting them for the past several years, at a terrible cost. This matter of extremism is not something that can be solved overnight. It will take years to defeat them. Not only does it involve a military solution, it also involves improving education and the economic conditions of these young boys so they are not so easily brainwashed. Pakistan has started doing all this. It will take time to see results.
If you are aware then why are you still seeking proof ? Why have you not questioned your government on the reasons why these terrorists are growing.

Now regarding the matter of seeking proof. Once again, I accept the fact that there are terrorists hiding in Pakistan. I even accept that the captured terrorist is from Pakistan. However, in no society can you just hand over people without evidence of their guilt. It is not enough to say they are guilty, one must prove they are guilty. India says it has the evidence, why can't it provide it? Then all those that have been detained will be put away for good.
Don't hand over them, That hand over discussion is more of a jingoistic rhetoric from both countries. And it is not like India is capable of taking any action even after Pakistan hands them over. One of the terrorists they demand is Masood Azhar he was in an Indian jail alnog with the killer of Daniel Pearl, both were released during the Air India Hostage crisis due to India's weakness.

You dont need any proof to know what is going on in Pakistan that 18 year olds are turning into suicide bombers.

Xuhaib

You dont need any proof to know what is going on in Pakistan that 18 year olds are turning into suicide bombers.
Atleast our army officers are not bombing trains in our own country.

Fusion has already explained to you that we know our problems and we are trying to eradicate it these things take time and change does not take place overnight.

Sanz

Pakistanis understand that there are extremists hiding in their land. They have been confronting them for the past several years, at a terrible cost. This matter of extremism is not something that can be solved overnight. It will take years to defeat them. Not only does it involve a military solution, it also involves improving education and the economic conditions of these young boys so they are not so easily brainwashed. Pakistan has started doing all this. It will take time to see results.
Excuse me ?? Hasn't it already been years ? Has the situation improved ? Have there been any steps that have been taken in last 8 years ?

Sanz

Atleast our army officers are not bombing trains in our own country.
Not that there is any conclusive proof of what you have said, atleast not yet. But even if we assume that it was true. But then who was Who was Zia ul Haq ? He was an Army officer who laid the the base for terrorism in Pakistani society. He publicly hung Zulfi Bhutto in the streets of Pakistan. Let's not get into history, you are just a kid in that regard.

Fusion has already explained to you that we know our problems and we are trying to eradicate it these things take time and change does not take place overnight.
Yes it has been only overnight since 2000.

Xuhaib

Not that there is any conclusive proof of what you have said, atleast not yet. But even if we assume that it was true. But then who was Who was Zia ul Haq ? He was an Army officer who laid the the base for terrorism in Pakistani society. He publicly hung Zulfi Bhutto in the streets of Pakistan. Let's not get into history, you are just a kid in that regard.
Yup lets now go back 30 years, shall we when don't have anything else to offer.

Newayz as for Zia he was a naive stupid man who was taken for a ride by US , yes he was responsible for the creation of Taliban but don't forget at that time they were called Mujahideen who were fighting under the US umbrella.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
so they just did it because india told them to do so? forgive the skepticism it stems from the fact that i wasn't aware that we had such a friendly, accomodating neighbor...sorry but that is such a naive inference of what happened...
Pakistan cracked down on them because of the demands of India (supported by the US, Britain etc). India was demanding action. War was a very real scenario after the first few days of the incident. So Pakistan has arrested all the accused "heads" of LeT. I hate to be repetitive but what happens now is in India's hand. Share the evidence it has against the accused and help put them away for good.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Excuse me ?? Hasn't it already been years ? Has the situation improved ? Have there been any steps that have been taken in last 8 years ?
Hasn't it been 50 years since the Kashmir, Punjab, Assam insurgencies started? Why hasn't India been able to wipe them out? How long did it take for England to deal with the IRA? If you don't get that the world is not just black and white, then I can't help you. One can't simply say "I will defeat terrorism" and achieve it in x amount of time. It doesn't work that way.

Sanz

Yup lets now go back 30 years. shall we when don't have anything else to offer.
Why not ? You made a provocative statement that "Atleast our army officers are not bombing trains in our own country". Think before you make stupid comments like that. Because that is nothing compared to what Pakistani Army did to Pakistan. For example:- destroyed the Ideology of your founding fathers.

Newayz as for Zia he was a naive stupid man who was taken for a ride by US , yes he was responsible for the creation of Taliban but don't forget at that time they were called Mujahideen who were fighting under the US umbrella.
Yes, yes, Blame it all on US and every other nation of the world for all your problems. That will certainly go long way in fixing the problems. Blame it on them and look elsewhere, fixes the problem.

Xuhaib

Sanz you are a hypocrite you continue to cry how Pakistan breeds terrorism while your mainstream politicians make such statements.

Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Tuesday said he would welcome emergence of ‘Hindu terrorists’.

"If they (Hindu terrorists) are (behind the September 29 Malegaon blast), I would be glad. Terrorists should be born among Hindus, I have begun to feel," he said in an interview given to his party's mouthpiece 'Samaana'.

"Sadhvi Pragya Singh, Lt Col P S Purohit (arrested in connection with the Malegaon blast) have been victimised...What was their fault? Something might have been done to take on fanatic Muslims..." he said.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/-If-Hindu-terrorists-are-behind-Malegaon--I-will-be-glad-/402024/

People like him are more a threat to you then any LET or JUD yet these people are allowed to move around freely and remain unscathed.

Fusion

Global Moderator
^ thats the problem, he says nothing when hindu do wrong. This is a problem i have noticed a lot
I disagree with Sanz and Anil on the current Pakista-India issue, but one thing I must point out is that they have consistently condemned the hindu extremists in India.

Xuhaib

Why not ? You made a provocative statement that "Atleast our army officers are not bombing trains in our own country". Think before you make stupid comments like that
. .

:laugh: Truth hurts doesn't it

Because that is nothing compared to what Pakistani Army did to Pakistan. For example:- destroyed the Ideology of your founding fathers

huh?

Yes, yes, Blame it all on US and every other nation of the world for all your problems. That will certainly go long way in fixing the problems. Blame it on them and look elsewhere, fixes the problem.
:laugh: look whose talking.

Sanz

Hasn't it been 50 years since the Kashmir, Punjab, Assam insurgencies started? Why hasn't India been able to wipe them out? How long did it take for England to deal with the IRA? If you don't get that the world is not just black and white, then I can't help you. One can't simply say "I will defeat terrorism" and achieve it in x amount of time. It doesn't work that way.
Which world do you live in ? There is no problem in Punjab, it is limted to Internet now a days. It was never 50 years old anyway, and the problem was India's political one compounded by the support and sheltering of those terrorists in Pakistan. There have been problems in Assam, but it is limited to a very small part of Assam and perhaps the reason why stupid Indian government is ignoring it and waiting for it become big and get out of hand. Perhaps you should read the media outside of Pakistan to get a real picture of the situations in India. Kashmir is a political problem, compounded by terrorist infiltration from the other side of the Border, which started only in late 80, Not to forget, Indian government's policy is clearly wrong there. Until they fix that, it wont solve Kashmir issue. If a terrorist is born in Kashmir who hates India, one can understand. That said Border disputes are not uncommon in this world, but preparing terrorists on your land to kill inexcusable.

On the other hand, I can not understand why a Pakistani youth who had nothing to do with India will want to come and kill Indians.If it is still not clear to you :- It is a problem with the ideology that he was taught in whichever school he went to in last few years. He is taught to hate and kill in a school in Pakistan and such schools are being defended in this forum in the name of their charity work.

Last edited:

jeevan

innocent until proven guilty. Thats all.
That would be fine, if due process happens. In Dawood Ibrahim's case, it has not.

You cannot pick and choose which of the civilized world's maxims are suitable for your needs.

jeevan

Yup lets now go back 30 years, shall we when don't have anything else to offer.

The Taliban are not the Mujahideen and they did not fight the USSR. Neither did the LeT or the JeM.

Status
Not open for further replies.