• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

Sir Alex

Banned
Yuvraj personifies Indian cricket's new generation really. Loads of talent, over rewarded, capable of brilliance, but more often prone to abysmal depths, capable of losing focus quickly, stubborn, unathletic,

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hope they don't make it now.

They don't deserve it.

Yay let's have the in-form Rohit sitting in the shed whilst Dhoni knocks around singles.

mohammad16

hahaha what a wasted opportunity to salvage some respect by India, this was an easy 200 track given the type of batsmen they have. Just ridiculous.

Cevno

hahaha what a wasted opportunity to salvage some respect by India, this was an easy 200 track given the type of batsmen they have. Just ridiculous.
Really?

Just look at the average scores on this track.
164 is a good score on this track,but the 20 run margin is the problems.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes the 163 is fine... except that they were 1/90, had batting options and knew they needed an extra 20 runs from what was par.

180 should have been the total (after the pitch slowed), and SL should need 161 to knock India out.

Instead SL can nudge and nurdle their way to 144.

Dissector

Yes India had a golden opportunity when they won the toss and got a good start. Can't see them restricting Sri Lanka to 143 so it looks like the end for their campaign. Can't say they deserve any better.

mohammad16

Really?

Just look at the average scores on this track.
164 is a good score on this track,but the 20 run margin is the problems.
164 is good for most other teams, not for the Indian line up which is tailor made for these sorts of wickets. They are power hitters who enjoy these conditions, could have easily gotten 200 had they used their heads.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm a sucker for punishment so instead of sleepign I will watch SL slowly grind to the total :(

Cevno

If Srilanka go for 163 ,there is a chance of falling short of 143.

If they go for 143 alone ,i think they will get it with comfort.

GraemeSmith

Dhoni's innings was Clarke-like. There might be something to the argument that was made in the Clarke thread that he is not much better than Clarke.