• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 29 - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
Given that they're a much stronger side than us, It's amazing that we came this close tbh.

Still, Dhoni is an idiot of the first order. Should've given him the Motm. I hate that bony **** Nehra too. Hideous action, piteous bowler.

Blaze 18

Banned
Given that they're a much stronger side than us, It's amazing that we came this close tbh.

Still, Dhoni is an idiot of the first order. Should've given him the Motm. I hate that bony **** Nehra too. Hideous action, piteous bowler.
:unsure:

0RI0N

Nehra probably has 12" arms. Needs to hit em: dips, chins,pullups,rows, OHP, incline press,CGBP, squats, dl's, calf raises,bb curls,db hammer curls, reverse grip curls, tricep pushdowns, db tricep ext, lateral raises,shrugs and ab work to obtain teh jacked fibraz.
Oh and Teja, please tell me you put $$$ on SA to win this match.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Nehra probably has 12" arms. Needs to hit em: dips, chins,pullups,rows, OHP, incline press,CGBP, squats, dl's, calf raises,bb curls,db hammer curls, reverse grip curls, tricep pushdowns, db tricep ext, lateral raises,shrugs and ab work to obtain teh jacked fibraz.
Oh and Teja, please tell me you put $$$ on SA to win this match.
Yes, I did. :p

I also had money on Tendulkar not scoring 60+ though. :(

Slight profit in the end.

centurymaker

I mean no disrespect to Sachin,but it is exactly innings and scenarios like these that make people put a question mark over his status as a finisher.He isn't really up there with the Waugh and Inzamam level of finishing matches IMO..The man did his best today,and everyone else let his efforts go to vain.And Sure,India was batting first today,but i'm just saying.Matches like these give people more reasons to doubt his credentials as a finisher,and the sad part is that he can;t even do anything about it.
He and Gambhir deliberately gave their wickets away so that the big hitters could come in and score at a faster rate. It's not the top orders job to finish things off anyways.

R_D

He let a newbie in Joginder Sharma bowl the final over of the World T20 and India won - funnily enough, the alternative at that time was the same Harbhajan Singh. The media and everyone else lauded him for thinking out-of-the-box. At least in this case he gave it to a bowler who wasn't a stranger to such situations. And to be fair to him, he bowled one rank ordinary length ball that was hit for six. The first ball was fine, he was unlucky. See, these things happen. I think we are overreacting.
I don't think people would be fuming as much if Bhajji had bowled and South Africa went on to win... It's just that Nehra has come back from injury and has bowled **** in last few games. Bhajji was bowling really well and logically should've been given the last over.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Just realised that India's middle/ middle-lower order is the most overrated thing in cricket ATM. :laugh:

Yusuf is only a spinner basher
Dhoni makes even Dravid seem like a hitter
Yuvraj- is well past his prime

Australia, SL and SA would have to be the favourites now to win the cup.

shankar

Regarding our bowling I'm actually more confident about it at the end of today's match than after the England result. I thought given they had only 1 spinner, they put up a very good effort on that pitch.

salman85

He and Gambhir deliberately gave their wickets away so that the big hitters could come in and score at a faster rate. It's not the top orders job to finish things off anyways.
And the others also deliberatley gave their wickets away to make the match interesting? :dry:

Mikey29

Banned

I wouldn't call South Africa much stronger. India's batting is better if compared, and their bowling revolves around Zaheer and Harbhajan, who do servicable jobs.

While Steyn, Morkey, Tahir and Botha are more impressive than India's 2 guns, and the other mediocre bowlers, I think in 50 over cricket the gulf in bowling isn't that big.

It was a closely contested match between to quality sides who were dead even. Fact remains is that Dhoni's decision to bowl a guy who hadn't bowled in 20 or so overs, and had not been successful, for a guy who two overs ago gave away 3 runs, was a very poor one. Dhoni now has the onus on him to lift his team, as this will be a big psychological blow comethe knock out stages.

centurymaker

And the others also deliberatley gave their wickets away to make the match interesting? :dry:
Those two were trying to slog like it was do or die even though it was only the 39th over.

Others ****ed up. As I said earlier, those guys down the order are way too over-rated.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nehra? Really?

Anyway, as glaring a mistake that was, the fact remains that given the way the pitch played SA should never have even gotten close if India had batted using more than 3 brain cells for the last 10 overs.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Robin Peterson had an lbw appeal against Sachin Tendulkar, which was clearly missing leg, but Smith asked for the review, not because he thought it was out, but because he felt the team needed a break. "It was really to bring the guys in together. The way Sachin and Viru were playing, it was difficult to connect and regroup."
The definition of a "tactical review".

honestbharani

I felt really happy that with just 296 on the board, our bowlers were able to bring us in to the last over with them needing 13.. Would back most bowling sides from there, esp. with the opposition 7 down. There were mistakes galore from both teams but both teams also showed they are amongst the contenders for this WC.. Bad batting at the end and bad bowling in the last over cost this for India and bad bowling and batting upfront ALMOST cost this for RSA...

Robbie P and ABDV.. WAGs...

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think you can over criticise the SA batsman at the top tbh. Thought they were a tad conservative but the bowling was good, the fielding sharpish and the pitch not the easiest to score on.