• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Quarter Final - South Africa v Sri Lanka (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wellAlbidarned

Calling it now. This has been a massive, massive choke by Sri Lanka, from the selections to batting like deers in the headlights and not firing a single shot.
It's been a **** performance by Sri Lanka from start to finish, to choke you actually have to play well at some stage.

Howsie

Nah, he bottled it with this approach. Massively so.
He was slow, no doubting that. But it was only a problem if Sri Lanka were hell bent on scoring 300+. As I said 230 would've be fine given the pitch and pressure if the situation. Had Mathews stayed at the crease and scored some runs they would've been fine, but he got out and the rest followed. How was that Sanga's fault?

Contra

Reckon this sums up Sanga's innings:

Sanga had 33 off 86. The score was 114-4. Nine balls later, he had 34 off 88, & the score was 116-8. And JP DUMINY HAD A WORLD CUP HAT-TRICK

Burgey

My view is he was overly cautious for too long. It's a fine line and of course he's a genius player. I just think he needed to put a bit more pressure on Tahir & Duminy in particular. Dare I say it, he lacked a little #intent

AndyZaltzHair

cant blame Sanga here. He came in when two SA bowlers were at it. Had to blunt the bowling making sure he doesnt lose his wickets. Always could make up later with wickets in hand. But on the other side, everyone was coming and going and he couldnt just execute due to that

G.I.Joe

nah choking is when you somehow totally **** up a clear winning position. Getting your ass handed to you from the start isn't a choke imo.
Nah (woah echo chamber), it's the approach. Look at SA in 2007. Batsmen getting psyched and coming out swinging from the outset instead of playing sensibly was a choke.