• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - India v New Zealand (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Question needs to be asked. Should India have had to qualify alongside Scotland? Answer seems obvious tbh

:ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Slamming NZ's performance based on their batting on a very difficult pitch is a bit harsh.
Wahhh. Will cop it

Doesn't mean the pitch wasn't entertaining though, which is the point!

Last edited:

Zinzan

Credit to Milne while we're giving out bouquets. Thought his 145+ pace may have played into India's hand on that track, but his 2.1 overs were impressive (no ball aside).

Moss

Credit to Milne while we're giving out bouquets. Thought his 145+ pace may have played into India's hand on that track, but his 2.1 overs were impressive (no ball aside).
Ronchi too? For finally making what ought to be his regular contribution.

Blakey

NZ are shitting the bed colossally here. And with this terrible team selection too. If they're going to be this awful, they should lay down and die and die against Bangladesh as well. At least help a more deserving team into the semi-finals.
Kiwis never lie down.

Blakey

New Zealand aren't getting any where near a semi final now. Near impossible. Pretty sure Bangladesh would be favourites v NZ as well actually.
That's why you need to wait until the other team bats before making these sorts of calls.

YorksLanka

just finished watching the game and well done to NZ, have to say I was shocked when I saw the black caps left out southee and boult. I hold my hands up, I never realised sodhi was as good as he was today..the lengths he bowled were superb..also didn't think I would see an Indian team struggle against spin..

Bahnz

just finished watching the game and well done to NZ, have to say I was shocked when I saw the black caps left out southee and boult. I hold my hands up, I never realised sodhi was as good as he was today..the lengths he bowled were superb..also didn't think I would see an Indian team struggle against spin..
He does legitimately seem to have progressed pretty nicely in the last 18 months. Still reckon he's probably a couple years away from being really developed as a player, but he's at least getting to the point now where he's no longer a massive liability.

_Ed_

Wouldn't be surprised if thats our only win here. This is a pretty strong group.
Yeah, it's a terrifying group. Thrilled with this result, but not getting too carried away. Any of these teams can beat anyone on their day.