• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

zorax

likes this
Great batting from India, the big 4 have come to play thus far.
Well Aus were losing to NZ before rain

If you meant Root-KW-Smith-Kohli then Smith didnt really get to bat. He was not out tho and the other 3 have beasted it

zorax

likes this
I say we get our spinners to bowl at least half to overs so we can get that minimum 20 overs in, this better not be a No result.
Nah yuvi shouldn't get the new ball. Jaddu from one end and Bhuvi/Yadav from the other.

harsh.ag

Yeah, Rohit's slowpokery was the one low point of that innings.

When Imad was bowling his dross earlier, there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't have been tonked for a few sixes here and there. Huge reprieve.

Pakistan unlucky with Amir's injury tbf.

It was astonishing to watch Kohli's transformation after he found his touch. Some of the shots were so good it reminded you why your brain thinks of him as such a gun player.

Pandya doing his job. Great cameo. At least the dressing room has got itself rid of the illusion that is "Dhoni the Finisher".

Fantastic watch.

GO AWAY, ****ing rain!

Black_Warrior

Well hope that will put to rest the "India is weak in ODIs" bandwagon and also the "India can't score big" bandwagon that was seen during this tournament.

Contra

Nah yuvi shouldn't get the new ball. Jaddu from one end and Bhuvi/Yadav from the other.
Yuvraj bowls a lot better if he has scored runs in the same match. There's Jadhav with his dolly offies too. Anyway the point is we need 20 overs in, I'm just being desperate lol

OverratedSanity

Rohit's SR looks really bad on the scorecard. Everyone else well over 100 and he's down at 76. Was in the mid 60s before he smashed two boundaries at the end.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Only 3 runs added to the target :(
Target is 324, INDIA SCORED 319. tHAT IS 5 RUNS added on.

Now I can understand adjusted totals when the number of overs two sides have to bat are uneven but why is there an adjusted total when as of writing, Pak still have 48 overs and India had 48 overs.

What a damn stupid rule and I'm not sure where I've seen it before.

vcs

People being a bit too harsh on Rohit IMO. Both batsmen were bogged down a bit during that period when they kept going on and off, and TBH, I can't blame them too much for it.

Black_Warrior

The sad part about this performance is that other than Wahab, the bowling for most part (if you take out the last 4 overs) hasn't been that bad. And 324 is not a mammoth total on these English pitches in today's standards. But it's about 100 runs too much for the team about to chase.

vcs

Now I can understand adjusted totals when the number of overs two sides have to bat are uneven but why is there an adjusted total when as of writing, Pak still have 48 overs and India had 48 overs.

Because India set out their innings expecting to bat 50. The chasing team knows it's a reduced overs match.

OverratedSanity

Actually India set a target of 320 and the new target is 324 so it's 4 extra runs. So we're both wrong.

And the rule is perfectly fair. The team batting first is screwed because an interruption messes up their planning of an innings.They pace their innings with the assumption of it being a 50 over innings so if they get fewer overs, the target should be increased. It happend in the SA-NZ 2015 WC semi as well and it was fair there as well.

Black_Warrior

Because India were not aware that they had 48 overs when they started. For most part of their innings, they were batting with 50 overs in mind. The formula has to take that into consideration.

zorax

likes this

Because India batted a good chunk of their overs before they lost 2 overs. It's fair to say you bat differently when you have more overs in hand than when you have less. 2 overs is a small difference, and the loss of overs came a early in the innings, so the amount of runs added on is small.

OverratedSanity

People being a bit too harsh on Rohit IMO. Both batsmen were bogged down a bit during that period when they kept going on and off, and TBH, I can't blame them too much for it.
3 in 23 balls tho. That's really, really bad. Kohli even at that time was going at a 75-80 SR. No one else got bogged down anywhere near as bad.