• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Tangles

Pretty sure I read some of the English grounds took out insurance against losses from short tests. Just do that and prepare pitches that promote good cricket.

Burgey

There’s just so much else to do here.

That’s why commentators tell you to come down to the ground after you’ve been to the beach or the shops.

TheJediBrah

Remember when they tried to make an Australian version of the Barmy Army and called it "fanatics" or something?

that was sad

S.Kennedy

Over here the game appeals to all people.
I consider shopping to be a form of torture and just get everything I want online. Explains a lot about the Australian mindset that your menfolk participate in this hideous activity by choice.

Burgey

You must have very simple tastes. When I buy real bespoke suits in Italian fabrics I don’t leave the tailoring to online chance. Hopefully one day you’ll come to understand.

S.Kennedy

You must have very simple tastes. When I buy real bespoke suits in Italian fabrics I don’t leave the tailoring to online chance. Hopefully one day you’ll come to understand.
So when Smith is making his centuries and smashing records in front of the Barmies, all the male Aussie 'cricket fans' are in actual fact out buying Italian fabrics? Not very Ozzy Oi Oi, is it - not very Border-esque?

Burgey

I tend to follow on the CA live app whilst being fitted at Harrolds, then pop into the ground on my way back.

Burgey

I wonder if it's the Day/Night factor or the wicket now? I don't think there has been many draws in the past 10 years.
Old Adelaide was the quintessential long game pitch. Basically 3.5 or 4 days of grind then **** started to get real at the death. I always found it an awesome test wicket for that reason.

Burgey

Prisoner. Such a quality show. Miles ahead of its time.

Sadly, Flying Doctors introduced us to Rebecca Gibney.

Adders

Remember when they tried to make an Australian version of the Barmy Army and called it "fanatics" or something?

that was sad
The fanatics were never just for cricket though, but yeah they were pretty dire and were even worse at the Australian Open tbh.

The Ritchies are good though and seem to be growing in number. The BA had a lot of fun with them throughout the series.