• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediBrah

I may be remembering this wrong, I haven't followed this WC that closely but just going purely by washed out games:

Pak v SL washed out, Pak likely win
NZ v Ind washed out, Ind almost certainly win

If those 2 games go ahead Pak probably have a 2 point boost over NZ

Spark

Global Moderator
Imagine having a drawn series in your list of highest of highs.
Nah that was a legit great result because it also resulted in Pakistan going #1, albeit briefly.

Would have thought 3-0 against England in 2012 would be up there too, though.

zorax

likes this
I may be remembering this wrong, I haven't followed this WC that closely but just going purely by washed out games:

Pak v SL washed out, Pak likely win
NZ v Ind washed out, Ind almost certainly win

If those 2 games go ahead Pak probably have a 2 point boost over NZ
Pure conjecture then? Cool

Amirfan

Imagine having a drawn series in your list of highest of highs.
It resulted in Pakistan becoming the best test team in the world. But the post was more about instances where Pakistan fought back when they were cornered.

TheJediBrah

Pure conjecture then? Cool
You really don't take being corrected very well do you? Attitude levels > 9000

It's more informed prediction rather than pure conjecture. Amirfan is posting a lot of garbage but that is one point that he's actually not wrong about

Most likely scenario. Nadal beating me in a tennis match is pure conjecture too. Let's not be argumentative just for the sake of it. Those 2 results were virtually guaranteed.
Great analogy

Amirfan

Ah yes. Pakistan, famously the only side to have suffered from bad luck and poor umpiring decisions.
I said poor decision making (such as Pakistan putting Australia in in the 99 final etc), not umpiring decisions. There is no need for that condescending tone especially when it is accompanied by poor comprehension and a deliberate attempt to troll and obfuscate.

Howe_zat

Sri Lanka pulled off two fine wins in this tournament and Pakistan got belted by the only major team worse than them. Pakistan lost to the only team worse than that in the warm ups, and came within an over of repeating the trick.

NZ smashed India in the warmups.

'virtually guaranteed' my arse.

zorax

likes this
Most likely scenario. Nadal beating me in a tennis match is pure conjecture too. Let's not be argumentative just for the sake of it. Those 2 results were virtually guaranteed.
Sri Lanka beat England
If it was rained out, everyone would have been saying England lost out on two points
Everyone would be wrong
There is a reason we actually play the World Cup instead of simply handing the trophy to the number 1 ranked ODI side in the world every 4 years.

Common sense really. If you weren't driven by an agenda you would see that Pakistan weren't screwed by the rain, they were screwed by themselves. They played below par, lost games they should have won, got smashed when they shouldn't have, and failed to win secure big wins when it mattered. For all you've whinged about India not trying to win Vs England you have failed to mention that Pakistan barely tried to smash BD in a comprehensive enough manner to make the next stage.

Not only that, but NRR is perfectly fine and not a single person has ever had an issue with it until a bunch of Pakistan fans online decided they wanted to play the tried and true victim card again.

New Zealand are deserved semi finalists. There is no doubt about it. This thread is a joke. Let's move on.

Amirfan

Sri Lanka pulled off two fine wins in this tournament and Pakistan got belted by the only major team worse than them. Pakistan lost to the only team worse than that in the warm ups, and came within an over of repeating the trick.

Oh yes, I forgot warm ups are the best barometer ever.

Amirfan

Sri Lanka beat England
If it was rained out, everyone would have been saying England lost out on two points
Everyone would be wrong
There is a reason we actually play the World Cup instead of simply handing the trophy to the number 1 ranked ODI side in the world every 4 years.

Common sense really. If you weren't driven by an agenda you would see that Pakistan weren't screwed by the rain, they were screwed by themselves. They played below par, lost games they should have won, got smashed when they shouldn't have, and failed to win secure big wins when it mattered. For all you've whinged about India not trying to win Vs England you have failed to mention that Pakistan barely tried to smash BD in a comprehensive enough manner to make the next stage.

Not only that, but NRR is perfectly fine and not a single person has ever had an issue with it until a bunch of Pakistan fans online decided they wanted to play the tried and true victim card again.

New Zealand are deserved semi finalists. There is no doubt about it. This thread is a joke. Let's move on.
Can you show me where I explicitly said "India didn't try to win"? I really don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Of course anything can happen on a given day, but that doesn't mean that 9 out of 10 times the current Pak side would humble the SL side. Heck, the india Pak match would have been close had Pak batted first.

TheJediBrah

hmm I may have to rethink my position

I like the cut of amirfan's jib though

zorax

likes this
Can you show me where I explicitly said "India didn't try to win"? I really don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.
Not in the NZ sense that India didn't play well. They have been the team to beat this tournament along with Australia so credit to them...but the lack of intent they showed for whatever reason Vs England is unbecoming of a champion side.

vcs

Ugh why did Burgey end up becoming collateral damage due to Amirfan's garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.