• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirfan

Reckon the cornered tigers thing needs a rest tbh
Why? The Pakistan team are always unpredictable, the lowest lows and the highest highs. When they are backed into a corner they always come back roaring. They don't have Australia's cricket structure or India's financial clout; hell they don't even get to play at home. Despite all these handicaps and fate seemingly conspiring against them, they find a way to rise again. Always.

Burgey

Why? The Pakistan team are always unpredictable, the lowest lows and the highest highs. When they are backed into a corner they always come back roaring. They don't have Australia's cricket structure or India's financial clout; hell they don't even get to play at home. Despite all these handicaps and fate seemingly conspiring against them, they find a way to rise again. Always.
But they don’t always come back when they’re cornered mate. They did it in 92 but they usually just fold up and don’t give a yelp.

TheJediBrah

Isn't that the point. Burgey and sunilz are almost literally the same poster.
Sure but it's cute when your grandfather plays up in the nursing home, not so much when your somewhat special 25 year old cousin does the same at family gatherings

A bingo card of Burgey's posting would probably consist of :

- Muh world cup finals performances
- *insert Tendulkar selective deafness joke*
- TOTAB
- *lol the subcontinent is so poor*
Etc.

The shtick is tired and completely played out. It's like a wrestler in his 60s who still cuts his head open every few weeks and thinks the audience still loves it,when really they're groaning uncomfortably and just want it to end.
I'll be ****ed if this isn't absolutely on the mark though

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

more like the middlest of middles

It's not like they've won 3 or 4 world cups or consistently been no. 1 in the world in Tests. That would be the highest highs.

Amirfan

But they don’t always come back when they’re cornered mate. They did it in 92 but they usually just fold up and don’t give a yelp.
1992 WC
2009 World T20
2017 Champions Trophy decimating England and India
2-0 whitewash of Aus in UAE test series
2-2 test series draw in England
......the list is long.

Amirfan

more like the middlest of middles

It's not like they've won 3 or 4 world cups or consistently been no. 1 in the world in Tests. That would be the highest highs.
Some bad luck and terrible decision making has cost Pakistan in the past. 87 and 99 WCs were there for the taking. This one if not for rain would have been a great shot as well because no one wants to face an in-form Pakistan in a knockout match. While Pakistan may not be as consistent as India, SA or even NZ in random ODIs; come the knockouts there is no other team you would worry about more, Australia aside.

Daemon

Oh, so it was sunilz? There's a surprise.

And what is he ****ing dribbling about now? I'm saying a player having an X factor is something which effects how people rate players against each other. I'm not saying whether it's a valid or an invalid factor in rating them. I''m not even saying it's something which they consciously do. I'm simply saying it happens. FMD sunilz. Settle down mate. You're wound up like a thousand day clock about all this. Turn what's left of your mind to something important ffs, if you can.
I hope you are a better lawyer than you are a poster because most of your argument don't make sense.
sunilz is growing on me tbh
C'arn sunilz.
legend

Spark

Global Moderator
this, friends, is why we don't let people discuss moderation in-thread if we can help it

harsh.ag

1992 WC
2009 World T20
2017 Champions Trophy decimating England and India
2-0 whitewash of Aus in UAE test series
2-2 test series draw in England
......the list is long.
Imagine having a drawn series in your list of highest of highs.

Status
Not open for further replies.