• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NASA-SpaceX Crewed Dragon 2 mission

Spark

Global Moderator
First time a US vehicle and launch will be used for human spaceflight since 2011. Broadcast is in two hours from now:

Daemon

Dunno why everyone’s hailing these 2 as heroes, they’re obviously legging it given what’s been happening on earth

DriveClub

What's the purpose of this? For humans to bring their problems to other planets as well and destroy them? Maybe fight all future wars in another planet and telecast it live on pay tv?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What's the purpose of this? For humans to bring their problems to other planets as well and destroy them? Maybe fight all future wars in another planet and telecast it live on pay tv?
Aside from the pure exploration/science, we can't live on this rock and its very limited resources forever.

Bahnz

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is with this. If humans were to colonise the moon and Mars over the coming decades, it's not like there are rich and vibrant ecosystems on those worlds for us to mess up. They're dead rocks, with the theoretical potential to one day dramatically reduce the impact of humanity on the ecosystems of Earth and greatly lift living standards.

Spark

Global Moderator
So we're going to do just what I said. If we can't sustain on earth we should become extinct here. Humans are a strain on nature.
For some reason this sort of thing has become socially acceptable to say, but in a sane world this sort of thing would see the speaker forever marked and tarred as a Bad person with a capital B.

Flem274*

123/5
not to mention a boring person with a capital B

'ooooh look at me im so edgy i don't wanna explore the universe because humans did a bad thing'

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
humans have the capacity to rationalize why they should take more resources than they need, which is a bit of an embuggerance