• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
GIMH
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• nah, but she has been reccommended to me a lot and there's a lot of them. if you're thinking of reading her stuff i say go for it.
    You don't have anything to apologize for :)

It was mostly sledger's behaviour which I thought went overboard.

Thank you, though.
    More likely to than at the Ricoh but that’s purely because I can get there by train but would have to drive to the Ricoh.
    You're lucky to have Europe on your doorstep with no doubt fairly cost effective flights :)

What I was thinking too, would be an awesome country to visit for many different reasons. Have you been there ?
    That's good, hope your twins are still as well as ever, and keeping you on your toes :) Nice! Where you headed?

Thinking of heading to South America, maybe Brazil for a trip. Should do something big as been a pretty eventful past couple of years in many ways so feel like I deserve it.
    Busy as with work and the like mate but otherwise doing fine. Turning 40 this year and thinking of ideas to bring it up in style. How are you doing?
    Yeah you might find it easier having taken a break, I find it really helps getting some time away from it and then going back.
    Yeah just under 10 years! That is scary haha.

I think I like the editing best, but that might be different if I were writing fiction. The satisfaction comes from stating something very clearly or, less often, beautifully, and that only really happens when I edit because I write by getting something down then repeatedly improving it.

Fiction would be a whole other experience I guess?
    Yeah, hopefully you find a bit of time. I'd definitely read it.

I have a draft due with the publisher in August and it's just about on schedule. By then I'll have been working on it more or less full time for 3 years, and that's with a co-author, utterly obscene amount of work.

At this point it's so hard to imagine myself writing as a hobby haha, it's a very rare day when I actively enjoy it. But then when I did that year studying engineering I really missed it, that's how I ended up writing for CW.
    Yeah I'll have to give it a spin, not got back into reading since going back to work after Christmas. You doing much writing these days?
    I have one of his books on the Kindle but not got round to reading it. He’s the Norn Irish crime writer?
    Came here expecting to see a bunch of ****s wishing you happy new year on Dec 31st but it seemed everyone has gotten wise to not being a ****

p.s. happy halloween
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…