• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. honestbharani

One among the Billion

One among the billion | Cricket Web Excellent excellent article that deserves its own thread IMO. Fredfertang has been keeping the main page going as a solo effort for a while but its nice to see him get some help with this amazing piece. :)
  2. honestbharani

Welcome back Shri!!!

Welcome back man!!! Hope you are doing well in these rough times...
  3. honestbharani

Now that Burgey is ok....

He can read this and weep 😄 https://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket/india-got-the-raw-end-of-umpiring-decision-ricky-ponting-on-2008-sydney-test/story-2HeOhnVZlLTewudh6mNKKO.html
  4. honestbharani

Adventures on International Cricket Captain 2019

These are very peculiar times and us cricket tragics don't have our number one coping mechanism right now. So I went ahead and downloaded the mobile version of International Cricket Captain 2019 (ICC 2019). I thought I would create a thread so that more of us who already have the game or who...
  5. honestbharani

4 Day Tests

ICC considering making 4 day tests mandatory. https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/28394321/icc-consider-mandatory-four-day-tests Not sure if there are any existing threads on this topic. Mods, feel free to merge if there is one. But I think this is a rather substantial development...
  6. honestbharani

Happy 2020 CW!!!

Let 2020 bring into sharp focus all your strengths, successes, kindness, honesty and goodness of heart. Wish you and your loved ones a happy, peaceful, prosperous and enjoyable year and decade ahead!!!
  7. honestbharani

Playing your natural game or not ? - The Dravid Way Vs The Chappell Way

Often, we have heard Ian Chappell and a few other commentators talk about great players being able to play their "natural" game in any situation. And that method seemed to have informed coaching manuals and drills around the world. But the current India A and junior sides coach, and one...
  8. honestbharani

Wcc 2

Its easily the best cricket game on mobile AFAIC in terms of detailing and realistic feel. Anyone else got this? Can we set up a CW group if enough forummers have this?
  9. honestbharani

The tragics talk

This is just all kinds of awesome. That could be a CW thread damnit and its a conversation on TV. Love these guys. :)
  10. honestbharani

Who is the best left handed batsman in the world currently?

And why are there so few of them these days.. ****, longing for the days of Lara, Sanga, Chanders, Gilly, Hayden, Hussey etc.. Its probably between Cook and Warner, right?
  11. honestbharani

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India 2016

Sticky plz... 1st T20I: India v Sri Lanka at Pune on Feb 9, 2016 (19:30 local | 14:00 GMT) 2nd T20I: India v Sri Lanka at Ranchi on Feb 12, 2016 (19:30 local | 14:00 GMT) 3rd T20I: India v Sri Lanka at Visakhapatnam on Feb 14, 2016 (19:30 local | 14:00 GMT) And who will win? Discuss.
  12. honestbharani

Question on ban announcements

Did you guys stop doing that? Any particular reason(s)?
  13. honestbharani

Protea Batting Geniuses

Lovely stories.. Of all the teams in the world, I feel the batsmen from South Africa generally get a raw deal. The country has produced some of the most outstanding batsmen of all time. And some of these stories here are really good. Felt we should have a thread to discuss the great...
  14. honestbharani

The best 3rd seamer of all time

Ok.. The ATG Nerds are out in full force and we are taking over the first page of CW.. Suck it, Phlegm... :p But seriously, we all know how cricket generally demands certain types of players for various roles and it has been proven on so many occasions that you cant just select the best...
  15. honestbharani

The Lehmann Effect

It is very obvious that this is the one move that will probably have had the biggest impact so far this Ashes.. (I know it is only two days) He has been an interesting mix so far.. It is obvious that he prefers a more hands on role and is fronting up a lot more to the media than Mickey...
  16. honestbharani

3 format players and a 3 format XI

Ok.. we all know how different the 3 formats of the games are from each other and how difficult it is to transfer the skills across formats.. Inverarity chips in here.. But how about ranking the players on how good they are across the different formats. This is not a place where the old...
  17. honestbharani

Peter Forrest - Wow!!!

Peter Forrest: 'In professional sport you don't make excuses' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo Didn't know the guy had to go through all this when he was 18!!! We praised Virat to the moon for playing on when he had lost his dad but this guy has done that too and then went...
  18. honestbharani

Your best draft sides

For all of you who have been involved in the various draft threads we have had, please post what you thought were your best draft sides. Mine are: From Random Country Draft: Sanath Jayasuriya (SL) - 7000 odd runs @ 40, 98 wkts @ 34 Mudassar Nazar (Pak) - 4114 runs @ 38, 66 wkts @ 38...
  19. honestbharani

Yuvi - The comback

Yuvraj Singh: 'I think these will be my best years' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo Pretty cool to see how much test cricket means to him, to be honest.. Quite underrated as an ODI batsman as well, IMO.
  20. honestbharani

Slip cordons with the greatest collection of cricketers

At one point, Australia had Gilchrist, Warne, Ponting and Hayden (IIRC) as their slip cordon... Is that the greatest collection of great cricketers ever assembled in a slip cordon??????