• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Zinzan

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

>100 Tests All-time XI off the top of my head. 2 spinner approach with both Warne and Murali. Criteria: openers have open >100 occasions. Gavaskar G Smith (c) Richards Tendulkar Lara Sangakkara (Wk) Kallis Akram Warne Murali McGrath
  2. Zinzan

****Official****NZ condolences thread

As much as I tell myself it's only sport and that nobody died, it's incredibly tough to stomach. Would have been so much easier had England scored 350, and rolled NZ by 150 runs, which is a crazy thing to say. Anyway a place for fellow Kiwis to sob, rant, whatever.
  3. Zinzan

Would Jonny like some cheese and crackers with that Whine?

Apologies if this is mentioned in one of the match threads, https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/48794213 Jonny Bairstow says people are waiting for England to fail at the World Cup so they "can jump on your throat". Former captains Kevin Pietersen and Michael Vaughan have criticised the hosts...
  4. Zinzan

Greatest World Cup opening game

Haven't had a good look through historic first-game scorecards, but off the top of my head, Aust vs. NZ 1992, when the underdogs came through with the upset. Patel famously opening the bowling.
  5. Zinzan

Appropriate Punishment for Smith from CA

So what should the punishment be according to CW. To me, reading speculation of life bans for Smith (and Warner) seems ridiculously over the top, regardless of how premeditated it was. At the same time I think he should be stripped of the captaincy for life, if nothing else for the reason that...
  6. Zinzan

The TH Cricketer Height Thread

For general discussion/debate about cricketers heights. Photo evidence where applicable. My top 7 batting line-up all >6 foot; Matthew Hayden Alistair Cook W G Grace Graeme Pollock Kevin Pietersen Clive Lloyd Keith Miller Before anyone says it, Sobers was 5'11.
  7. Zinzan

The 'real' Steven Smith question...

I'm possibly getting ahead of myself, but humour me & assume the following hypothetical; Let's assume he's currently half-way through his career, & doubles his number of matches played to another 60 Tests in the next 6-7 years. Like most ATG bats, he does deteriorate slightly in the 2nd...
  8. Zinzan

Who do you neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win?
  9. Zinzan

Your XI?

Ashes 2017-18: Pick your all-time Ashes XI - BBC Sport
  10. Zinzan

Players earnings at national/domestic contract level

Interesting article this. Who gets paid what in cricket | The Cricket Monthly | ESPN Cricinfo Re: The fab four, KW miles off the pace when you're talking remuneration, Essentially one-sixth of what Steve Smith earns.
  11. Zinzan

Who is each Test nation's marquee Test opposition?

To get the obvious out the way, I'm doubting many will argue with England and Australia being each others. Of the rest I'm guessing; India - one of Australia, England or Pakistan (Indians to clarify) Pakistan - India possibly England? Not sure New Zealand - Probably Australia, some may argue...
  12. Zinzan

Battle Of The Members XIII

About that time innit? As I'm in between contracts, with this whole week off, happy to manage it this time around as a non-contestant. If someone could provide an update to last years top 100 list by number of posts, that'd be awesome, then we can take time for nominations outside of that...
  13. Zinzan

Small plane crashes into Shopping centre in Melbourne - Pilot and 4 passengers dead

Shocking scenes in Melbourne, fortunately no casualities on the ground, but the Aussie pilot and 4 US passengers dead. Essendon crash: Five killed as plane plunges into shopping centre near Melbourne's Essendon Airport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
  14. Zinzan

7 Point Left-Right Political Scale- Where do you sit?

I've stolen this concept from Richard Dawkin's 7 point atheist/agnosticism/religious scale. http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/files/2012/10/dawkins-scale.png Clearly political standings are far more complex, layered & over-lapping than this fairly simplistic way...
  15. Zinzan

Do Bangladesh still deserve their minnows tag?

Figured my following post from the NZ/Bangers thread should be a thread of it's own... Following that series, I'm reflecting on that pre-series debate about whether Bangers should still deserve the minnows tag or not. There's no doubt they've improved from previous tours here & they were...
  16. Zinzan

Mitchell Santner -Test career averages predictions

I think he's a reasonably promising Test prospect, but a bit of a poor mans Daniel Vettori overall. Like Vettori, he won't often bowl in conditions that will suit and will often be used to tie up an end and allow the quickies to remain fresh, but will probably warrant his place in the side...
  17. Zinzan

The Howie Games

Compulsory listening for any cricket fan these. Got through Pietersen's, McCullum's & half of Ponting's so far. https://itunes.apple.com/nz/podcast/the-howie-games/id1146329262?mt=2 Howie asks Ponting when he first realised he was better than the other kids. After hesitating for a bit...
  18. Zinzan

CW votes on the battle of the individual cricket shots

We've had several 'best exponents of various cricket shot' threads before, but never really comprehensively with vote-offs on every shot & the use of you-tube videos. Whether we want nominees seconded or not, I'm not entirely sure, but I do think youtube video evidence would make it better...
  19. Zinzan

Mike Hesson - Is it time?

Firstly I should point out this is not a reaction to the latest limp bowling performance against Bangers, It's something I've been thinking about for a while since BMac's retirement. While Hesson, along with Bmac helped get us through that difficult Ross Taylor debacle in 2012-13, helped...
  20. Zinzan

Passing the paton back to 1877

Any bored trainspotters out there? What's the least number of Test scorecards you can come up in linking a current test player, to others who played in their debut Test match & so on & so on to get us back to the 1st test played in 1877? Or if there's no links going that far back due to WWI...