• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. hendrix

Pop Music

2. hendrix

If you like Jordan Peterson, but also like integrity

This guy did series of lectures in the "maps of meaning" style a couple of decades ago. Even though he comes from a similarly conservative perspective as Peterson (he's essentially a Jewish theologian), his talks are more rooted in true academic understanding and are thus far more informative...
  3. hendrix

The One-State Solution

It will happen in our lifetime. Israel and Palestine. An end to apartheid. The opening of the world's biggest open-air prison. A right to return. Maybe in the next decade.
  4. hendrix

The Official Cricketweb Science Thread!

Everything is contestable. It's dealing with environmental/biological systems, supply chain and economics. It's not a hard science. Playing gotcha is facile. The main narrative to consider is this: This is because there's a major push in funding to develop better supply chain waste...
  5. hendrix

Iranian oil tanker explodes more than a week after crashing, all 32 crew dead

How does this happen? How were the crew not evacuated the moment the fire started? https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/100570519/iranian-oil-tanker-carrying-32-explodes-sinks-off-china-with-no-survivors
  6. hendrix

America/Buzzfeed's version of political correctness...

...is way more offensive than most of the stuff they're trying to "address". - stereotypical Indian girl with conservative parents: Hey, it usually is the case but don't we think it's a bit weird to have this stereotype and then be offended by someone thinking she does yoga? - the "woke"...
  7. hendrix

Monogamy

Is it realistic? Do you want it? Is it selfish? Is it realistic to openly not desire it without fear of consequence? What are the alternatives?
  8. hendrix

Linguistics

I am by no means formally trained in linguistics, but have recently become fascinated by the subject in general. This video focuses on the Semitic languages in the Middle East: - WTF at the Sumerian language having no relatives. ALIENS!!!!!!111!!! - Persian and Kurdish belong to the...
  9. hendrix

Why fewer slips for an inswing bowler than an outswing bowler?

It's one of my pet peeves. Surely if there were to be an edge, it would be thicker and thus travel wider. Hooping outswing tends to take finer edges, by both my observation and simple logic. Particularly for left arm swing bowlers to right handers. There are frequent edges as the batsman...
  10. hendrix

Afghanistan vs Namibia (ICC Intercontinental Cup)

Top scoring for the Namibians on day one was Pikky Ya France. Excellent. Mohammed Nabi also proving what an amazing cricketer he is. Afg 126/1 (33.0 ov, Asghar Stanikzai 21*, Mohammad Shahzad 74*, G Snyman 0/21) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
  11. hendrix

The Guitar Thread

Should be with me in a couple of days. I don't know who it was that finally convinced Ibanez to make some non-trem Prestige level guitars but thank **** they finally listened. Always loved the super wizard necks and the playability...just have never been able to deal with any type of trem -...
  12. hendrix

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

He was intimidated by my deadlifts though so maybe bowl Baz or Corey to get him out.
  13. hendrix

The Guitar Thread

she's so sexy.
  14. hendrix

Thoughts on driving mauls?

My father called them a blight on the game and accurately predicted that they'd feature in most tries in this world cup. I wouldn't go so far as saying that they should be banned, but I have noticed a massive increase in the advantage the attacking teams with the way it's being refereed. This...
  15. hendrix

Feminism thread

16. hendrix

hendrix's fashion, science and jazz guitar advice for Shady Slim

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/world-cup-2015/66251-cwc-final-2015-avatar-bets.html#post3447957 So I need to know what type of clothes you like, what do you wear to work and what do wear on the weekends? After that I'll share some designers you might like to check out. RE; science, I thought...
  17. hendrix

ICC - Ruining Everything Since Forever

ICC revoke accreditation for Alternative Commentary Collective after incident | Stuff.co.nz
  18. hendrix

Hesson, McCullum, Edgar

Early on in Hesson's tenure I remember during the t20 world cup being extremely unimpressed with some batting order decisions (I think Taylor batted at 6 at one stage, per ehemple). But since then there have been a few selection stunners: Tests: - Mark Craig out of the blue (I think his first...
  19. hendrix

Sri Lanka Thread

Angelo 'mirin my deadlifts