• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. thierry henry

Happy birthday nibbs

Absolutely disgraceful lack of thread atm tbh A 1/4 century of the great man. Bow down.
  2. thierry henry

Hats

Whats your favourite style of hats? I prefer cowboy hats.
  3. thierry henry

Ramnaresh Sarwan- ODI batsman

Just seeing Richard and others debating Sarwan as a test player- i.e. is he mediocre or just plain crap- and I feel compelled to start a thread about his eye-catching ODI record. Sarwan's ODI average of 44.38 from a decent number of games is bordering on the remarkable. That's pretty much as...
  4. thierry henry

The strange case of Mohammad Sharif

A bit of trainspotting, yes, but wondering if anyone could provide any info In late 2001 I went to watch Auckland play Bangladesh at the Eden Park Outer Oval and was intrigued by the 15 year old pacer Mohammad Sharif. I was a mere child of 16 and astounded that this younger kid was an...
  5. thierry henry

Why can some people bowl fast?

ok, this thread might need to be moved to cricket chat or deleted or something as it's not exactly a cry for help, more just a general discussion about players with interesting actions or who are deceptively quick/slow, etc. There are a couple of international cricketers in particular who...
  6. thierry henry

5000 for Fiery

Just wanted to incur the wrath of KN by starting another of these threads. Fiery and I have had the odd joust but....well I just saw he had reached 5000 so I made this thread, not saying I've decided to kiss and make up or anything. *golf clap for Fiery*
  7. thierry henry

NZ- gutsy overachievers, gormless underachievers, or just kinda average?

ok, I kinda suspect this thread might be a little dire and has surely been done before, but nevertheless I wanted to raise the issue again, because it intrigues me NZ are often regarded by overseas fans as a relatively untalented group of players who punch above their weight. In recent times...
  8. thierry henry

Matthew Hayden- I mean come on, seriously

I know it's an ongoing and pointless debate, but seriously, how can anyone not rate Hayden. When he's in form (which he has been pretty much 90% of the time this millennium) he's almost invariably ridiculously good. Look at him now. He's scoring one day centuries at quicker than a run a ball...
  9. thierry henry

Best ODI innings ever?

We'll have debate for sure, but I find it hard to see how anyone can go past Gibbs' innings. For starters, regardless of the context, 175 off 111 is one the most statistically impressive ODI innings ever, if not THE most impressive. It's one of the highest scores ever made, and it's made at a...
  10. thierry henry

Platypus Speed Sensor Ball

Anyone got one of these? I got one today. I just had a bit of a test run in the field behind my house. I was registering over 140kph but I think I was pitching too short. I also got 117kph and 123kph and I'm guessing that was closer to reality.
  11. thierry henry

Michael Lewis

Am I going completely nuts? I watched him last season in the Aussie A games, I'm watching him tonight, and every ball looks like a glaringly obvious chuck. I swear, this guy is just strolling up and biffing it. Am I missing something?
  12. thierry henry

Some biased thoughts on the World XI

from a probably unwanted New Zealand perspective. New Zealand has 1 player in the 14 man World XI ODI squad. Unsurprisingly, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have none. South Africa has 3, and West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and England all have 2. New Zealand has less players than every...
  13. thierry henry

Writing a book

A question for the literary (or just generally artistically) minded among you. Can pretentious late teen ("quarter life crisis") existential angst POSSIBLY be good? imo- YES.
  14. thierry henry

Is it all over for Worcestershire?

I took over the management of Worcester during season 3. This is my 4th season with the club, and although we've never been anything special, we pride ourselves on consistency. When I took over we were in D3 in both forms of the game. We have never been out of D3 in either form since, rarely...
  15. thierry henry

Averaging 50 with the ball gets you in the World XI?

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?sdb=player;playerid=4380;class=testplayer;filter=advanced;team=0;opposition=0;notopposition=BDESH;homeaway=0;continent=0;country=0;notcountry=ZIM;groundid=0;season=0;startdefault=1997-02-06;start=2001-01-01;enddefault=2005-08-17;end=2005-08-17;tourneyid=0;finals...
  16. thierry henry

Worcestershire free for all

Go nuts. I'm lazy. All offers will be considered. I want 4 day bats.
  17. thierry henry

I just had a haircut

I hadn't had one for about a year, so it was a major moment in my life btw. Usually I would just go for something conservative like a short back and sides, but this time I actually chose my 'do from a book of photos of totally hawt metro guys that the hairdresser showed me. The result was a...
  18. thierry henry

Manbags

Totally gay? Or stylishly metro? It's the ultimate conundrum imo.
  19. thierry henry

Most runs ever on the first day?

What's the most runs ever scored on the first day of a test match? And the most ever by one team on the first day?
  20. thierry henry

Round 7 One Day- match reports

Worcestershire all but ensured their survival in Division 3 for yet another season with a hard-fought victory over Western Australia, but their promotion aspirations took a battering in Division 3's other games. Free State and Leicestershire both enjoyed victories. Free State will be...