• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

BSM

Just to say that the rain forecast currently seems not to be heavy, all day match abandoned rain, but DLSish rain, which interestingly could make bowling first an advantage. If the game were to be shortened to say 35 overs or less I would actually say it ends up suiting England more, as our batting lineup is probably more explosive.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't wait for stephen's reaction when we roll the crims over come Thursday (or Friday if need be).

Gonna be beautiful.

Amirfan

Can't wait for stephen's reaction when we roll the crims over come Thursday (or Friday if need be).

Gonna be beautiful.
England don't have the X factor to beat Australia in a WC knockout match. Their only realistic chance is if it rains and it becomes a shorter match. Over 100 overs it's game over especially if England have to chase.

trundler

Gonna be beautiful.
This sums up the predicament quite nicely. Deffo want to see that but a win for #BatDeep is a loss for all that is holy and pure.

Woodster

England have effectively come through two knockout rounds already with slip ups against India and New Zealand unthinkable!

Helped by wining the toss we've produced two pretty good performances in high pressure games, the Aussies have managed to saunter through to the semi's so far, can this Aussie team perform under big pressure ?

I'd be surprised if anyone can say with any large degree of certainty which way this game's going, neither result would be a shock, but I'm backing us to perform again when it matters. We have the momentum and the thirst for success with this side that has performed so consistenly over a long period of time, think there's a real belief in the camp. But, maybe that's all just wishful thinking.

Adders

Yeah this game is 50:50 for sure......anyone calling the result now with any certainty is either gambhiring hard or talking bollocks imo.

PikeyB

The way I see it , England are in the semi-finals and we did it off the strength of our own cricket . There was no NRR or DLS , no reliance on other teams results . That , for England , is a huge leap forward . I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't qualify sooner and played poorly twice , but they came through .

I would not be hugely upset if we lose this : as long as we play hard and back our system I will be happy . Australia have a World Cup edge on us but we are the better side on a good day(in my opinion ;) ) .

Victor Ian

Yeah this game is 50:50 for sure......anyone calling the result now with any certainty is either gambhiring hard or talking bollocks imo.
Whoever wins, I'd like it to be chasing so there are no sour grapes claims that the toss decided it.

Arachnodouche

Have more faith in Aus chasing down a 300-type total. If Eng chase, you can bet they will be under the pump in a big way, with the new Aussie code of conduct being the first casualty.

stephen

Gonna be beautiful.
I only tend to overreact when the cricket being played is bad. Like if Australia got rolled for 100 I'd be furious. If it ended as a 350 vs 330 type game I'd not be too disappointed.

I honestly believe that the toss will win this game and the winner will go on to lose to India in the final, if the winner is England.

stephen

Winning over double the number of world cups as the next best side tends to help you be more at peace about your side when they're not a great side. This is the worst Australian world cup side since 2011 or 1996.

howardj

Should be Wade for Usman, particularly with a flat wicket forecast

We need grunt under the bonnet

Enough of this talk about Handscombe being called into the squad first, therefore he should play

It's not kid's cricket