• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smalishah84

The Tiger King
india played really well this world cup. Their bowling never once got really smashed (even in the SF they were able to scale things back) which is quite surprising. I think Ishant getting out due to injury was quite helpful for India. They couldn't really have asked for more from this squad i suppose.

Tangles

Great result this. Australia into the final and my stream will be watchable with Indias elimination. Plus a weekend game means I can try to watch both innings.

Cruxdude

Lost to the better team here so can't really complain. A bit sad that we didn't make a better fist of the chase. Kohli getting out playing such a stupid shot after a few dot balls broke the back of our chase. Loved the start we had with the bat and briefly dreamed that we could actually pull it off but the lack of depth in our batting just showed. With Rahane off the boil and Jadeja in no form with the bat there really was no other result possible after we lost the top 3.

Bowling was very ordinary. Crap most of the times and good sporadically. Ash though was great all through. Also Shane Warne can go and get ****ed. ****ing fanboy. Worst commentator ever.

Hard to see Australia losing in the finals but so which NZ goes all the way.

Contra

I don't understand how people can say we bowled crap, we had our share of lapses but for the most part we did well, those runs towards the end hurt and maybe 315-320 should have been achieved but honestly India's batting blew it.

Cruxdude

I don't understand how people can say we bowled crap, we had our share of lapses but for the most part we did well, those runs towards the end hurt and maybe 315-320 should have been achieved but honestly India's batting blew it.
We bowled way too many halfhearted short balls and too many leg side filth. Ashwin and some improved bowling by Umesh at the end saved us from giving away 350+ but we were pretty bad before that. Batting did blow it, I agree.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
yeah, agree with this. The bowling wasn't too bad. Especially the last 15 overs were pretty good until Johnson came along.

The batters needed to step up and they didn't

longranger

I think Kohli deserves the blame he's getting for the semi-final. When you talk a big game, people (both supporters and detractors) are going to look very closely at your performances on the big stage. A quiet guy like Rahane will always fly under the radar. Maybe because he doesn't abuse the wrong journalist, and maybe because he doesn't proclaim that he wants to be the best player in the world. When you are chasing 329 and your openers have given a good start, there is a lot of expectation on the star batsman who is going in at one-down. You are expected to stay till the 35th/40th over and lead the charge.

I still think Kohli will go on to be an ATG batsman, both in Tests and ODIs, but I feel that there is still a while to go. He's young enough to play again in 2019 and 2023, probably captaining both, so he'll get a chance to redeem himself. But all those 100s against Sri Lanka and Australia in bilateral series (often in India) will amount for nothing if he doesn't perform in the World Cup.