• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Match - India v Pakistan

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well played India. My false bravado aside, truth be told, this was the first WC encounter between the two sides that I fully expected Pakistan to lose. Just not enough talent in the side with all the injured and banned players on the sidelines. We'd be lucky to win even a couple of matches.

Contra

Didn't think it was out tbh.

Good win for India. You need something better than that Mohit Sharma bloke though.
Hoping Bhuvi will be fully fit for future matches. Him, Umesh and Shammi wouldn't be too bad an attack, although they can all still be taken to the cleaners.

zorax

likes this
Yea Mohit was excellent throughout. Yadav's first spell was poor and Shami kept bowling bad balls across his spells. Mohit was spot on all night except his one no-ball. Doesn't deserve to be dropped at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think India having been in Australia for 2 months or so helped. Pakistan bowled quite well. I loved how Riaz bowled, though he didn't get too many wickets. The batting was always going to struggle being accustomed so early on (though that's no excuse for Pakistan).

The way India bowled was quite amazing actually. Maintained lines and bowled it consistently short when required.

Burgey

The only thing which would have improved yesterday's game was Misbah batting through til the end, accumulating quietly to get within striking distance of his ton before bopping Mohammed Shami over long on for six from the last ball of the match.

Sarun

Raina and Dhawan had a great game along with Kohli.

And Misbah very ahead in the list of batsmen with most 50's without century.

Xuhaib

yeah well played India but I think they made to look better by a very mediocre opponent. Pak odi side is way behind the top 5 teams in the world at the moment a QF place looks a struggle to me. When the best batsman in your odi side is a 41 yr old guy then you know you are in no greak shakes.

Xuhaib

Both Misbah and Younis, two veterans are class blokes. Unfortunately for them, they haven't played in Pakistan's best cricketing era.
love Younis the test player but he has no business too be in the odi side. The way he bullied his way in to the side on expense of poor Fawad with the backing of the biggest media group in Pakistan was disgraceful. Misbah and Waqar should show some balls and drop him for the rest of the tourney. We ain't going to go deep in the tournament anyway so better give some young bloke experience of the bis stage.

Xuhaib

during those ridiculous hype shows conducted together by Indian-Pak tv channels. One Indian guy made a very good point that a lot of Pakistani young players will not have played in such a charged atmosphere while our blokes see it day in day out thanks to IPL and in the end that could be a difference maker. I thought that was a very good call at that time.

zorax

likes this
yeah well played India but I think they made to look better by a very mediocre opponent. Pak odi side is way behind the top 5 teams in the world at the moment a QF place looks a struggle to me. When the best batsman in your odi side is a 41 yr old guy then you know you are in no greak shakes.
tbf Misbah would be the best (or amongst the best) batsman in most sides currently.

arana

Misbah was the only man standing when it came to scoring runs.... How many times have we seen India vs Misbah... The entire order of batsmen usually collapse facing Indian Bowlers a few exceptions in the past had been Misbah and Younas

Nauq

Oh man, people take a game of cricket that serious? I have been working with Indians for some time now and I think none of us has ever started a fight.
And India played well but Pakistan batting was poor. They showed inexperience in chase.

hendrix

Oh man, people take a game of cricket that serious? I have been working with Indians for some time now and I think none of us has ever started a fight..
"It's not known what started the fight".

I think this is media blowing up an every day bar fight. Nothing there in the images suggested it was Pakistani fans vs Indian fans.