• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Agriculture

Perm

Does anybody on CW farm the land, or have any previous experience of being a farmer?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My mom's family were farmers in India (her uncles and stuff still own some land, though they've stopped farming 'cause it sucks being a farmer in India), but she still grows some vegetables and stuff in our backyard. No personal experience other than that for me though.

Perm

Best way to live IMO. Something rewarding about working outside on the land all day, way better than being some desk jockey or a student. What sort of farms were you guys on? Myself, I'm the Herd Manager on a 950 cow dairy farm which can be pretty challenging at times. Can't beat the feeling of saving a cows life tho, something pretty special about that.

Flem274*

123/5
Beef, equine and grazing farm back home. Jack of all trades master of none really, since the cattle are only here to keep the gee gees paid for.

Disagree thoroughly on it being the best way to live though.:p The only animal with more talent to do the dumbest thing possible are sheep and humanity. Each to their own.

Xuhaib

I wish I had some agriculture land the landlords live the best life in Pakistan not soo much the poor farmers though.

Uppercut

Best way to live IMO. Something rewarding about working outside on the land all day, way better than being some desk jockey or a student. What sort of farms were you guys on? Myself, I'm the Herd Manager on a 950 cow dairy farm which can be pretty challenging at times. Can't beat the feeling of saving a cows life tho, something pretty special about that.
Nah, being a student is beyond awesome.

Johnners

We grow irrigated Cotton, Wheat, Sorghum, Corn and Soyabeans (on the odd occasion). Don't really help out much anymore apart from when we're irrigating, and on the odd weekend I'm needed to help during a Harvest.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nobody really cares about farmers. Everybody is worried about running out of milk for their coffee, only reason why they exist.

Try as I might, just couldn't make it as offensive. :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
Nobody really cares about farmers. Everybody is worried about running out of milk for their coffee, only reason why they exist.

Try as I might, just couldn't make it as offensive. :(
The next world war is going to be over cows, chickens and water..

Then we'll start worrying about farmers