• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any one who knows (med question)

andmark

My little girl, Kyra was born at 26 weeks gestation. 14 weeks early had an ivh grade 4 brain bleed left side.

Has been going ok was sick last fortnight. Todat at 2.45pm i get a phone call from mum, kyra had a seizure in her sleep and was rushed to hospital where she contiued to have a seizure for an hour and a half.

Her head doctor said that it can be caused because of her brain bleed, which leaves scares on and near her brain tissue which will make her an epileptic. They are not doing tests yet as it was her first one but she is on 24 hour watch, however if she does have another they will do a ct scan and some other thing where they puncture here back to check some fluid or something,.

my poor baby is not well, can anyone that nows anything about this shed some light on the matter. Does the ivh grade 4 brain bleed seem like a logical cause which will mean long term effects. She all ready has low muscle town from the waiste down and slight cerebral palsy

talk to me guys!!!!! please!
Hope she comes out well. I honestly don't know anything about it although I found this website.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_ivh_hhg.htm

Goughy

As someone that has kids, I can only imagine your suffering.

Sorry the Goughy family cant help relative to the medical condition but we are thinking about you and hoping for the best for all in your family.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Awful situation & obviously my thoughts are with the little 'un and the rest of the family.

Can't quite believe the insensitivity of bugs's employers in this day and age tho. If ever there was a case for compassionate leave this is surely it? Really shocking, shocking form. :mellow:

Burgey

Jeez mate, sorry I can't help you but I'm thinking of you. To have a sick child is a terrible, terrible thing. I hope it works out the best for you and your family.

BTW, sounds like your employer is a ****.

bugssy

ok guys update.

my little girls 3 head doctors are sensational she has had them since she was born and they are great. they are thinking it is epilepsyy however they dont want to formally diagnose it yet as it is her first seizure. due to scare tissue from her brain bleed which triggers it all...she is home , we have the necessary meds to help if she does have another seizure and we are having an eeg when it gets organised. so we just have to take it one step at a time. she is very sick but hey she is a true fighter after everything she has been through and she is so strong. thank you all for your kind words it means the world, esp when we have no family or anything up here in newcastle......

and yer my work is crappy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
ok guys update.

my little girls 3 head doctors are sensational she has had them since she was born and they are great. they are thinking it is epilepsyy however they dont want to formally diagnose it yet as it is her first seizure. due to scare tissue from her brain bleed which triggers it all...she is home , we have the necessary meds to help if she does have another seizure and we are having an eeg when it gets organised. so we just have to take it one step at a time. she is very sick but hey she is a true fighter after everything she has been through and she is so strong. thank you all for your kind words it means the world, esp when we have no family or anything up here in newcastle......

and yer my work is crappy.
Good to hear that she is home with you guys.

bugssy

she is not her self and still having little fits so we are waiting for the eeg (Electroencephalography (EEG) records brain waves)
Code:
[B]Why are EEGs done?[/B]
EEGs help in the diagnosis and management of:

[B]Seizure disorders[/B]
The EEG is the key test in diagnosing, pinpointing, and managing certain areas of unstable electrical impulses in the brain that cause epilepsy (in other words, the EEG tries to find the seizure foci). EEGs can identify other very rare seizure syndromes, and are also used to judge the effectiveness of anti-convulsion therapy, which is used in the treatment of seizure disorders.

cover drive man

she is not her self and still having little fits so we are waiting for the eeg (Electroencephalography (EEG) records brain waves)
Code:
[B]Why are EEGs done?[/B]
EEGs help in the diagnosis and management of:

[B]Seizure disorders[/B]
The EEG is the key test in diagnosing, pinpointing, and managing certain areas of unstable electrical impulses in the brain that cause epilepsy (in other words, the EEG tries to find the seizure foci). EEGs can identify other very rare seizure syndromes, and are also used to judge the effectiveness of anti-convulsion therapy, which is used in the treatment of seizure disorders.
I really hope she gets better mate.