• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATTN Brumby, DCC, Rugby Union Fans

Perm

http://www.rugbynews.co.nz/rugby_vacancies/

Thoughts?

Strongly contemplating applying, but I don't really know what the strength of competition is like. #22, London Division 4 club, how good/big are those guys? I've played 3 years of 1st XV/U18 rugby, represented Otago Country at U14 and U16 level. Am I good enough? Admittedly I haven't played senior club rugby, but I plan to change that next year.

What is the strength of club rugby like in Spain/Portugal/Netherlands etc? I've always harboured ambitions of playing Test rugby for Georgia or something like that, but never had any idea how to go about it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Brother went and played club rugby in Scotland for a while. Your probably over qualified TBF. as long as you aren't injury prone club rugby is a pretty good environment.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Have a mate who went straight from high school to Wales and is playing club ruggers. He's pretty crap too, though he can kick goals like a demon.

Perm

Those blokes getting paid though?

Need to somehow get an EU passport too. Should get Brumby to adopt me or something.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
http://www.rugbynews.co.nz/rugby_vacancies/

Thoughts?

Strongly contemplating applying, but I don't really know what the strength of competition is like. #22, London Division 4 club, how good/big are those guys? I've played 3 years of 1st XV/U18 rugby, represented Otago Country at U14 and U16 level. Am I good enough? Admittedly I haven't played senior club rugby, but I plan to change that next year.

What is the strength of club rugby like in Spain/Portugal/Netherlands etc? I've always harboured ambitions of playing Test rugby for Georgia or something like that, but never had any idea how to go about it.
You're talking competitive amateur level there. If memory serves London Division 4 (which is a bit of a misnomer, the London pyramid covers pretty much anywhere in the south & East Anglia too, e.g. Portsmouth play in London 1, Jersey in London 2 & Norwich in London 3 North-East, so you wouldn't necessarily be playing in London) would be about 9 divisions below the Premiership.

My old club have actually been as high as London 4 (North-East), but are currently languishing in Eastern Counties 2, two promotions beneath that. Most clubs at that level have a Saffie, Kiwi or (more rarely) Aussie playing for them who're usually found a cushy-ish job to top up their expenses (this year we have a Saffie lock who works occasionally in the pub run by an ex-player), but are expected to be good value for it playing wise.

DCC_legend

You could come and play up at my Club, Donaghadee. I'm starting back there if I don't go to Uni (which is pretty much a dead cert not to happen) Can get you Information about the leagues in Ireland, if you want? Competition levels, standards, teams requiring players and all that...

ripper868

Go for it mate, nevr know i you dont go.

had little lol at the dutch team needing prop, back row, 10,12,13 and fullback, currently fielding hooker, locks, 9,11 and 14