• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Availability for ODI Cricket

Cloete

I've been out of ODI Cricket for nearly 2 years, which has been about 3 or 4 seasons. With my move to Black and my OD form last season I have decided that I will return to this form of the game. I would like to put myself up for selection. It'll be a long road back but I'm determined to feature again for the CWXI ODI team, if I don't, doesn't matter.

To everyone who's going to hate me for saying this, I totally understand. But after my last couple of OD seasons I've just had enough of sitting out the ODI's when I think I could be pushing for a spot. Whereas my FC form has been totally poor. The World Cup is the biggest showcase for international cricket and the number of tournaments and games far exceed the number of tests and that is perhaps the driving factor behind my decision.

I've played 64 games and hit 2445 runs @ 42.16.

Anyway, that's it.

Last edited:

Johnners

Good luck, judging by your OD form last season you'll definetly be pushing for a spot imo.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good move, Andy. I'm all for the strongest team regardless of who plays and their situation :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kwase Knight suggests:

"Andrew Cloete should walk back into the ODI team. His absence was significant in the CW XI's failure to capture the World Cup. Blame Cloete."

Mr Mxyzptlk

Pretty happy that you waited until moving to Black to make this decision, because CW Blue could hardly afford to have lost you to ODIs last season. We already struggled to play an XI, and you practically guided us to the OD title down the stretch.

Loony BoB

It's always good to see such an incredible player put his hand up for the ODI side. :) More than pleased with this news.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Pretty happy that you waited until moving to Black to make this decision, because CW Blue could hardly afford to have lost you to ODIs last season. We already struggled to play an XI, and you practically guided us to the OD title down the stretch.
Shame about the final...

Cloete

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yeah when I joined Blue I retired from ODI's and wasn't going to play again while I was there. Simple as that. I'm glad I was able to help out so much in OD last year because of it. FC wise... well.. yeah... Any ideas on how I can convert my Test form across?

ash chaulk

Definetly must of had something to do with how good black are at OD training that spark a new interest for him to try go International again

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
Yeah when I joined Blue I retired from ODI's and wasn't going to play again while I was there. Simple as that. I'm glad I was able to help out so much in OD last year because of it. FC wise... well.. yeah... Any ideas on how I can convert my Test form across?
Claim the number 3 spot perhaps?

Travis_Teh

PY said:
I'm tempted to come out of retirement too. :happy:

Same!......

wait a moment here .... I can't even break the blue OD lineup ;) .... wait ... PY what are you doing with the coloured PJ's on .... come on now ... put the creams back on son, you've no chance ;)