• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Members VI

Craig

World Traveller
Going by the first two pages of the members list (and taking out those who have objected to taking part in the past), the first 60 or so would be:

marc71178 (maybe not keen?)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Craig
pasag
Langeveldt
BoyBrumby
GeraintIsMyHero
silentstriker
Simon
dontcloseyoureyes
Jono
Mister Wright
Neil Pickup
Nnanden
Matteh
Perm
Samuel_Vimes
Pratters
andyc
sledger
SJS
FaaipDeOiad
James
roseboy64
luckyeddie
vic_orthdox
steds
NZTailender
Prince EWS
chaminda_00
superkingdave
Athlai
age_master
Uppercut
Jamee999
Clapo
Matt79
Voltman
Scaly piscine
Sanz
Top_Cat
lord_of_darkness
_Ed_
tooextracool
Burgey
TT Boy
Tom Halsey
Son Of Coco
PhoenixFire
nightprowler10
adharcric
PY
alternative
pup11
honestbharani
Barney Rubble
Blewy
archie mac

Possible removals due to inactivity would be luckyeddie, lord_of_darkness and pup11. So, taking Richard and Goughy out, that's 55 potential starters.
Barney hasn't been seen on here for months, same with PY, and I don't think James is usually involved in this, but I could be wrong. But surely guys like GS and GI Joe have to be in.

HeathDavisSpeed

Surely not, Craig. That's just weird.

We had 128 entrants last year, as I recall.

I'll put a cheap fiver on Pratters.
tobeeliminatedearly

Smudge

Absolutely - not suggesting that we should keep it to 60. I like the idea of 128. Bags not running it though...

Craig

World Traveller
Absolutely - not suggesting that we should keep it to 60. I like the idea of 128. Bags not running it though...
Impossible for me to run it since I won't be able to do anything until 5.45pm every work day (Monday to Thursday).

GotSpin

It's done every year to weed out the bad posters.

This is why I get banned for a week after each battle to think about how much I've disappointed everybody over the year

andyc

Was thinking it was this time of the year again the other day. It's normally been the top 96 (minus the exceptions and plus the additions), hasn't it?

wfdu_ben91

Going by the first two pages of the members list (and taking out those who have objected to taking part in the past), the first 60 or so would be:

marc71178 (maybe not keen?)
Mr Mxyzptlk
Craig
pasag
Langeveldt
BoyBrumby
GeraintIsMyHero
silentstriker
Simon
dontcloseyoureyes
Jono
Mister Wright
Neil Pickup
Nnanden
Matteh
Perm
Samuel_Vimes
Pratters
andyc
sledger
SJS
FaaipDeOiad
James
roseboy64
luckyeddie
vic_orthdox
steds
NZTailender
Prince EWS
chaminda_00
superkingdave
Athlai
age_master
Uppercut
Jamee999
Clapo
Matt79
Voltman
Scaly piscine
Sanz
Top_Cat
lord_of_darkness
_Ed_
tooextracool
Burgey
TT Boy
Tom Halsey
Son Of Coco
PhoenixFire
nightprowler10
adharcric
PY
alternative
pup11
honestbharani
Barney Rubble
Blewy
archie mac

Possible removals due to inactivity would be luckyeddie, lord_of_darkness and pup11. So, taking Richard and Goughy out, that's 55 potential starters.
Ikki? King Pietersen? Streetwise? Manee? Got_Spin? They are better then the majority of that list.

Smudge

Ikki? King Pietersen? Streetwise? Manee? Got_Spin? They are better then the majority of that list.
a) in your opinion. And bearing in mind your man-crush on King Pietersen, your opinion can be taken with a grain of salt
b) I was simply listing the top two pages of the member list by number of posts made. Hence why those names aren't on there.

Now get back in your box.

wfdu_ben91

a) in your opinion. And bearing in mind your man-crush on King Pietersen, your opinion can be taken with a grain of salt
b) I was simply listing the top two pages of the member list by number of posts made. Hence why those names aren't on there.

Now get back in your box.
Yes, it takes a big man to nominate themselves into a competition. How could I possibly question someone who does that? I should hang my head in shame.

morgieb

What about guys like Burpey and Benchy who'd be in the top 60 had they not been banned for 3 years?

Will probably nominate them anyway (at least M00phy).