• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

andyc

Good stuff Rob, should be a good chase.

Kipper XI 2/315, Dove 100* (81), Brydon 109 (127), Erasmus 1/68

andyc

Holy crap.

Opener Canning falls, and Griffin comes in. Before he can face a ball, four wickets fall in 10 balls... Birchall, Sutton, Nomvete and Drench all gone.

cameeel

Kipper XI v Magical Ponies @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 2-315 (RR: 6.30)

Brydon 109 (127)
Dove 100* (81)
Waterhouse 55 (73)

Erasmus 1-68 (10)

Magical Ponies: 136 (29.5)

Griffin 65* (57)
Tedstone 10 (18)

Chambers 4-18 (5)
Vernon 3-22 (7)

MotM: Ron Chambers (4-18)

Result: Kipper XI win by 179 Runs

So i think that means i'm through to the Plate Final :)

Robertinho

Adam won by 142 runs. The ratings, however... :laugh:

Robertinho Select XI Asterix XI
Top Order: proficient respectable
Middle Order: mediocre mediocre
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre strong
Spin Bowling: proficient competent
Fielding: feeble feeble

andyc

cameeel said:
Kipper XI v Magical Ponies @ Trentington Oval

Kipper XI: 2-315 (RR: 6.30)

Brydon 109 (127)
Dove 100* (81)
Waterhouse 55 (73)

Erasmus 1-68 (10)

Magical Ponies: 136 (29.5)

Griffin 65* (57)
Tedstone 10 (18)

Chambers 4-18 (5)
Vernon 3-22 (7)

MotM: Ron Chambers (4-18)

Result: Kipper XI win by 179 Runs

So i think that means i'm through to the Plate Final :)
Talk about embarrassing. Thank god I had Griffin.

Robertinho

GoT_SpIn said:
See, ratings mean **** all now.
Um...no. His respectable top order took my mediocre seam attack to the cleaners, though my proficient spin attack pegged him back. Overall they went for about 3 an over. In the last 10 overs, my tired mediocre seamers were hit to all parts of the ground by a mix of Top amd Middle order batsmen.

When it came my time to bat, his strong seam attack made immediate inroads into my proficient top order which was skewed by the fact there was one Strong batsman, one Resp and one Comp. Once they were out of the way, they demolished my mediocre middle order, until my heroic Worthless lower order came in and swung the bat a bit :D

Really, it's not that hard to imagine.

GotSpin

Robertinho said:
Um...no. His respectable top order took my mediocre seam attack to the cleaners, though my proficient spin attack pegged him back. Overall they went for about 3 an over. In the last 10 overs, my tired mediocre seamers were hit to all parts of the ground by a mix of Top amd Middle order batsmen.

When it came my time to bat, his strong seam attack made immediate inroads into my proficient top order which was skewed by the fact there was one Strong batsman, one Resp and one Comp. Once they were out of the way, they demolished my mediocre middle order, until my heroic Worthless lower order came in and swung the bat a bit :D

Really, it's not that hard to imagine.
I have seen many examples of ratings upsets this week though.

Robertinho

GoT_SpIn said:
I have seen many examples of ratings upsets this week though.
Incase you've yet to realise, ratings aren't meant to be the be-all and end-all. There is a strange and mysterious thing called match tactics, which strongly influence the outcome of the match. The weather also plays a part. In my case, it was partially cloudy, which weighs heavily in favour of the bowlers. 4x Strong seam, 1x Comp spin vs 3x Med seam, 2x Prof spin. Hmm, who won the battle of the bowlers?

Adamc

Thanks for the game Rob, good thing I wasn't able to watch it live as I would've been a bit worried defending only 258. Setting Louis to bowl his ten overs straight through paid off, match was effectively over by the time he finished his spell. Looking at my ratings though I'm bound to struggle in the final, regardless of who gets through.

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
Incase you've yet to realise, ratings aren't meant to be the be-all and end-all. There is a strange and mysterious thing called match tactics, which strongly influence the outcome of the match. The weather also plays a part. In my case, it was partially cloudy, which weighs heavily in favour of the bowlers. 4x Strong seam, 1x Comp spin vs 3x Med seam, 2x Prof spin. Hmm, who won the battle of the bowlers?
I wouldn't say they strongly influence the outcome of the match. Best ratings still win 19 games out of 20.

Scaly piscine

Got through Islam's opening spell without losing any of my best 3 batsmen, two of which are in now. Scaly Piscine CC 64-2 off 14 overs, should hopefully push on now on a green pitch with my best bats against Lancashire's lesser bowlers.

Armstrong and Dillon are on very attacking if I remember correctly.

Adamc

Rob/PY/someone - who gets the home advantage for the final, me or the winner of nibbs/PY?

Robertinho

Hmm, we'll see. If nibbs wins, he'll get the advantage. If PY wins... well, we'll sort it out when we get there :D