• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BatTrick Cup Part Deux - Signup, Draw, Results and Banter

Scaly piscine

Abdul Kadir only went for 15 off his 2. On exactly 8 an over from the 8 slog overs so far.

It's not the fact that it's me batting, it's just daft whoever is on the end of it.

Adamc

Whenuapai v Boggles:

Whenuapai CC won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 13: 83-1, runrate=6.38, reqrunrate=4.84 (261-7)
Dangasela 2-0-19-1
Duggan* 1 (2 balls)
Waddell 45 (36 balls)
Last Wicket: Fry c. Liyanage b. Dangasela 27 (FOW: 70/1)

Nibbs with the upper hand so far, will be tough for PY to get through that batting lineup, but still possible.

nibbs

Boggles 7/261
Ahmed 57* (64), Chanderpaul 45 (50), Holmes 2/49, Mutasa 2/54

Whenuapai 2/265 (45.1 overs)

Duggan 97* (96), Waddell 77 (99), Dangasela 2/51

I guess this means it'll be a Whenuapai CC Vs. Asterix XI final at Airbase Road. Nice to avenge my defeat by Boggles in last seasons final. Disappointing that Duggan was unable to reach his 100, but not to worry. He is certainly going to have his work cut out next season.

PY

Congrats Nibbs, didn't do as well as I hoped I would but you do have the much superior side. It's the expected final, well done to both of you!

Quite happy with the ratings though:
Code:
Whenuapai CC  	Boggles
proficient 	proficient
competent 	mediocre
abysmal 	abysmal
competent 	mediocre
useless 	respectable
feeble 	feeble

nibbs

well, i'm expecting to get royally rooted in the final. but at least i made it this far.

Adamc

nibbs said:
well, i'm expecting to get royally rooted in the final. but at least i made it this far.
Why? Cuss won't play, Watkins will be effectively useless due to fitness, my second-best bowler is about to be sold and I just sold one of my better batsmen. It's basically going to be Wynand and Louis v Whenuapai CC (possible guest appearance from Malik).

Adamc

Hmm, well the final is tomorrow/today depending on where you live, just put in my match orders. Should be an interesting match, the key battle IMO will be Louis v Duggan. I'll play Watkins, dunno how he'll go on moderate fitness but should still do better than most of my other players. If Wynand goes early I'll be in a bit of trouble I suspect.

Good luck.

Adamc

Hmm, well the final is tomorrow/today depending on where you live, just put in my match orders. Should be an interesting match, the key battle IMO will be Louis v Duggan. I'll play Watkins, dunno how he'll go on moderate fitness but should still do better than most of my other players. If Wynand goes early I'll be in a bit of trouble I suspect.

Good luck.

Adamc

Interesting so far, decent RR but lost two wickets including the big one of Wynand. Need one of the current pair to post at least a 60 or 70 to get us to a good total.

Whenuapai CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Uneven

End of Over 16: 102-2, runrate=6.38
Sweeney 3-0-23-1
Watkins* 15 (12 balls)
Ashton 18 (21 balls)

Last Wicket: Wynand lbw b. Sweeney 39 (FOW: 73/2)

nibbs

hmm, pulling the runrate back ever so slightly, but Watkins and Ashton are proving a real problem. Need to get them out soon. I don't think Henshaw or Hamshaw will be capable of that though I'm afraid

End of Over 29: 165-2, runrate=5.69
Henshaw 8-0-33-0
Watkins* 42 (50 balls)
Ashton 48 (61 balls)

Last Wicket: Wynand lbw b. Sweeney 39 (FOW: 73/2)

Adamc

I want Ashton to get out, he's run out of stamina and is holding back the run rate now. Hopefully we'll get to 280+ and make it challenging for Duggan and co.