• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bbq

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, I have a 4 burner gas BBQ which I do use for quick and convenient. You can still cook a steak better on the gasser than you can inside on the stove top IMO.

But given the time the effort that goes into charcoal cooking is well worth it. In my arsenal I also have 2 charcoal weber kettles, a home made UDS smoker, a homemade tandoor, a small rotisserie BBQ and a huge charcoal spit that can cook a whole lamb or similar. All of them have given me great joy and some excellent results over the years.

This 100%. America nailed this style of cooking and here in Aus we are just starting to learn about it. It's great that it's starting to get popular but also **** because the typical cuts of meat you'd use used to be dirt cheap but they are now getting expensive.
Great thing about the American barbecue are the regional style. Even close proximity states - like North Carolina and South Carolina have wildly different barbecue styles.

Bolo.

BBQs are entirely overrated as social events. There's too much to do and so you don't just get to lay back and chill out. And 90% of the time the food is underwhelming. Love ordering BBQ when I'm out though. It's delicious.
That initial 4 hour period when we sit around drinking beer, and doing nothing else except vaguely considering lighting the fire is far too frenetic for me as well.

90% of the time, the food would be underwhelming, cos we have been drinking beer for several hours before and struggle to cook properly, if not for the fact that we had been drinking beer for several hours before, and are less... particular about how our meat is cooked. But huge slabs of awesome meat are still pretty good either way. The other 10% of the time involves someone showing up late and getting conscripted to cook properly.

Bolo.

how easy is it to make good bbq sauce, and can it be done without a smoker? the bbq sauce i buy seems to be some unholy blend of expensive and nasty. just ordered some heintz earlier, and that stuff is trash

Adders

Never made BBQ sauce but give Sweet Baby Rays a go, Woolies sell it........its good stuff and the have a variety of different flavours.

Uppercut

BBQs are entirely overrated as social events. There's too much to do and so you don't just get to lay back and chill out. And 90% of the time the food is underwhelming. Love ordering BBQ when I'm out though. It's delicious.
Naw, BBQs are what you do in the park on the afternoon after your last exam finishes at uni. They're the pinnacle of social events.

Bolo.

Never made BBQ sauce but give Sweet Baby Rays a go, Woolies sell it........its good stuff and the have a variety of different flavours.
Niche imports end up about triple the price of thr regular stuff, so i tend to avoid them.