• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best TV villians

Niall

While speculating about GOT heels, have been thinking about the best bad guys in television, not people you hate ebcause the actor is shite or poorly written.

I'l start with the obvious...Hearst from Deadwood and from the overrated This Is England Tv series Mick the rapist.

Never loathed anyone in the wire and bar maybe Ritchie the ****s in Sopranos all had redeeming characteristics.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Stringer Bell (The Wire)
Mr Burns (The Simpsons)
Sideshow Bob (The Simpsons)
Six (Battlestar Galactica)
Frank Underwood (at least in season 1 - 2 ) (House of Cards)
Weeping Angels - they're scary (Doctor Who)
Freiza (Dragon Ball Z)
Killgrave (Jessica Jones)
Light Yagami (Deathnote first half of that show)
The Gentleman (From that one really good episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Bijed

Theresa May from "Prime Minister's Questions"

More seriously, Gul Dukat from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Niall

Stringer Bell (The Wire)
Mr Burns (The Simpsons)
Sideshow Bob (The Simpsons)
Six (Battlestar Galactica)
Frank Underwood (at least in season 1 - 2 ) (House of Cards)
Weeping Angels - they're scary (Doctor Who)
Freiza (Dragon Ball Z)
Killgrave (Jessica Jones)
Light Yagami (Deathnote first half of that show)
The Gentleman (From that one really good episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
A few of those I missed.

I dunno about Stringer, he was awesome, but did you ever really loath him over a constant spell? Obviously a horrible person, but Marlo pure evil personified.

Not watched Battlestar in ages, but Star was to pretty to loath. :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
A few of those I missed.

I dunno about Stringer, he was awesome, but did you ever really loath him over a constant spell? Obviously a horrible person, but Marlo pure evil personified.

D'Angelo:
Where's Wallace? Where the f*** is Wallace? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the f*** is Wallace? HUH!? I don't want this Payless-wearing motherf***er representing me. I'ma get my own man. So just get back in your car and get the f*** back down south.

Stringer:
A'ight, you stupid motherf***er, you made your decision.

D'Angelo:
Yeah, I made my decision. Where's Wallace at? Where the f*** is Wallace? Where's Wallace, String? String! Where the f*** is Wallace? Huh? Stringer?!

Athlai

Not Terrible
A few of those I missed.

Pure evil is boring IMO. Stringer is a pretty fully realised character, with ambitions, flaws and agency. Marlo never really felt the same calibre as what Stringer gave the Barksdale crew early on. He's a relentless psycho, but it felt like he was mostly just a mix of ruthless and lucky.

Burner

I loathed Tony from the Sopranos. I mean I get it, the guy is entertaining to watch but by god I am still pissed off that he didn't get a bloody demise.

cpr

Francis Urquhart from the original House of Cards is beautifully written and played by Ian Richardson - he did an equally damnable turn as the original Bill Haydn in the 70s version of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Don Draper (Mad Me) - he's a true anti-hero. There's nothing really likeable about his character beyond his charm. A horrid womanising shell of a man who'll happily ruin lives for his own pleasure, yes somehow Hamm makes him almost loveable.

Bobby Axelrod in Billions - Even if Damian Lewis' American accent grates on me a bit (weirdly I don't actually recall his British one, but somehow his American one feels false). Also shout out to David Constible, who's turn as Wags is just brilliant. It's hard to think of him as a bad character despite the fact he's the drugged up pisscan sidekick to a hedge fund manager, because he's so loveable. He also does a decent turn as Hardman in Suits too.

morgieb

Hard to tell whether he's a villian protagonist or an anti-hero (probably more like the former), but Frank Underwood seems the synomous answer to this.

Niall

Pure evil is boring IMO. Stringer is a pretty fully realised character, with ambitions, flaws and agency. Marlo never really felt the same calibre as what Stringer gave the Barksdale crew early on. He's a relentless psycho, but it felt like he was mostly just a mix of ruthless and lucky.
Marlo is quite polite to the kid who takes care of his pigeons to be fair.:)

Todd from Breaking Bad and Namonds ma from the wire also.

Need to rewatch OZ again to refresh my memory of all the various horrors in that show.

edit. CHEESE from the wire.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Reverse Flash from Season 1 of The Flash. The show's been pretty **** since. I guess Zoom from season 2 was decent as well.

Trinity killer from Dexter season 4.