• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Betting

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its probably annoying reading about another persons gambling habits in various places within the World Cup sub-forum, so I figure I'll be annoying and make you read it all in one spot instead.

Highest run scorer from each country
Williamson
Moeen
Warner
Amla
Shehzad
Kohli
$2633.83

Highest wicket taker
Finn
Malinga
Steyn
Panyangara
Irfan
Roach
$2077.89

and the grand-daddy
RTaylor
Sangakkara
Bell
Smith
ABdV
BTaylor
Stirling
Monimul
$118,209

Last edited:

weldone

I have this so far.

Winner: (Aus, SA, Ind, NZ)

Best Batsman from each country: Kohli, (Sanga, Dil, Jaya), Bell, (Amla, AB)

Best Bowler from each country: Steyn, Shami, (Mortaza, Taskin)

I make around 3000 pounds profit if everyone wins (including one each from every bracket). And I lose around 1250 pounds if everyone loses.

cpr

Pounds... sterling? Because if you've laid down £1250 on this you either need some serious help or to wire me any loose change you have.

Normally allow myself £10 a month on my betting account, alas managed a series of awful footie/snooker bets to waste it by the 4th this month. Might allow another tenner for the WC.... Dangerous territory though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Highroller here.. $1.

I was just doing my usual betting strategy last night and these bets were my starting bet each time - so ive already made a small profit which make these feel like free bets.

Bahnz

Odds coming out for the first ODI v Sri Lanka now. I think KW paying $3.75 for top scorer is probably a tad generous, given that he's top scored for New Zealand in 8 out of the 11 ODI's that he's played this season (and top scored in 3 out of the 5 matches he played v SRL).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah thats decent given his recent form.

I thought that Misbah $5 and Porterfield $6 were juicy odds in their first games.

weldone

I'm thinking about putting money on KW to be NZ's highest scorer in the tourney. (not a big fan of McCullum's consistency or Taylor's technique)

Will check today if the odds are lucrative

_Ed_

I'm thinking about putting money on KW to be NZ's highest scorer in the tourney. (not a big fan of McCullum's consistency or Taylor's technique)

Will check today if the odds are lucrative
$2.80 on NZ TAB. McCullum $3.35, Taylor $5.25.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shenwari is paying $11 to be Afghanistan's highest runscorer, which seems high. He'll bat at 5 or 6 I would imagine. Get on him IMO..

Teja.

Global Moderator
After seeing today's games, a hundred to be scored in the Ind-Pak match at 1.8 is good value right?

Put $20 on it anyway.

cpr

Ireland 10/3 to beat WI, might be worth a shout given how awful they were against Ireland B, sorry, England.

cpr

Put my money were my mouth is - all £3 that was left in my online account. Now I've got my WC spending money for free

cpr

Considered that one myself, but thought lightning couldn't strike twice. Not sure enough on the form of either team for the punt.